10 November 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- United States and Spain Announce the Development of a New Capacity Building Tool to Combat Ransomware CISA 10 Nov 2022 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), in partnership with the U.S. Department of State and the Spanish Ministry of the Interior, announced a joint project last week to develop a capacity-building tool to help countries utilize public-private partnerships (PPPs) to combat ransomware. This project was developed as part of the Second International Counter Ransomware Initiative (CRI) Summit, which was convened in Washington, D.C.
- Russian-Canadian National Arrested in Ransomware Conspiracy VOA 10 Nov 2022 -- The U.S. Justice Department said Thursday that it had charged a dual Russian-Canadian citizen with allegedly participating in one of the most prolific ransomware operations in the world.
- Questions and Answers: The EU Policy on Cyber Defence European Commission 10 Nov 2022
- Cyber Defence: EU boosts action against cyber threats European Commission 10 Nov 2022 -- Today, the Commission and the High Representative put forward a Joint Communication on an EU Cyber Defence policy and an Action Plan on Military Mobility 2.0 to address the deteriorating security environment following Russia's aggression against Ukraine and to boost the EU's capacity to protect its citizens and infrastructure.
- NATO Secretary General warns of growing cyber threat NATO 10 Nov 2022 -- NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg, spoke today (10 November 2022) at NATO's 2022 Cyber Defence Pledge conference in Rome.
- Terrorism intensifying across Africa, exploiting instability and conflict UN News 10 Nov 2022 -- The growth of terrorism is a major threat to international peace and security, currently felt most keenly in Africa, the deputy UN chief told the Security Council on Thursday.
- Welcoming a holistic, integrated approach to tackling terrorism and protecting those at risk UK FCDO 10 Nov 2022 -- Statement by Ambassador Barbara Woodward at the Security Council debate on counter-terrorism in Africa
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO Says COVID-19 Mortality Dropped 90% Since February Sputnik 10 Nov 2022 -- Deaths caused by COVID-19 globally have decreased by almost 90% compared with February, although the rates of testing and vaccination remain low, Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.
- Omicron variant BF.7 becomes main strain in Beijing's latest COVID-19 flare-up Global Times 10 Nov 2022 -- Beijing's number of new infections caused by the highly transmissible Omicron variant BF.7 is rising, with surging COVID-19 community transmission and the risk of a hidden spread, local health authorities said on Thursday, adding that BF.7 has become the main strain in the latest COVID-19 flare-up.
- Chinese authorities further optimize anti-COVID response People's Daily 10 Nov 2022 -- Navigating a complex anti-epidemic situation, relevant authorities across China have invested further efforts to optimize their COVID-19 response in this regard.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,133 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Nov 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 1,133 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Finland expands provision of COVID-19 booster shots People's Daily 10 Nov 2022 -- The Finnish government said on Wednesday it has expanded the provision of state-funded COVID-19 booster vaccines and will let municipalities decide whether to offer booster shots to people of all ages.
- Iran's new daily Covid deaths at 2 IRNA 10 Nov 2022 -- Iran's Health Ministry on Thursday announced that 2 people had lost their lives to COVID-19 over the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 22,331 new COVID-19 cases, 66 deaths CNA 10 Nov 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 22,331 new COVID-19 infections, all but 45 of which were locally transmitted, and 66 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|