28 October 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Statement by White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on the Attack Against Paul Pelosi The White House 28 Oct 2022
- Department of the Navy Releases Cyberspace Superiority Vision US Navy Press Release 28 Oct 2022 -- The Department of the Navy's Principal Cyber Advisor (DON PCA), Mr. Christopher Cleary, released the DON Cyberspace Superiority Vision (CSV) last week to guide the Department's pursuit of cyberspace superiority and improve the Department's cyber posture. The vision consists of three core principles: Secure, Survive, and Strike.
- UN counter-terrorism committee pays tribute to victims of worldwide attacks UN News 28 Oct 2022 -- "It is my appeal to all the representatives of States, to ensure there is no safe haven provided to any kind of terrorism whatsoever": the words of Nidhi Chaphekar, a survivor of the 2016 Brussels terrorist attacks, opening a Special Meeting of the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Committee in India on Friday.
- Man Sentenced for Conspiring to Launder Drug Proceeds to Venezuela US Dept. of Justice 28 Oct 2022 -- A Puerto Rico man was sentenced today to nine years and seven months in prison for laundering over $2.5 million in drug proceeds.
- Anxiety Grows in Abuja as Fear of Terror Attack Looms VOA 28 Oct 2022 -- Nigerian security forces dismantled a terror cell and arrested 35 suspected members of the militant group Islamic State West Africa Province, including five commanders, Nigerian daily newspapers reported Friday.
- WHO chief says Ebola spread in Uganda concerning People's Daily 28 Oct 2022 -- Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Thursday the spread of the Ebola virus beyond the epicenter in central Uganda is concerning and needs concerted efforts to contain.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- ACT-Accelerator launches six month plan as world transitions to long-term COVID-19 control WHO 28 Oct 2022
- Department of the Army updates Total Army COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 28 Oct 2022 -- The U.S. Army updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests for the Total Army as of 27 October 2022.
- Chinese mainland reports 214 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 Oct 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 214 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Shanghai district locked down amid COVID-19 surges in dozens of Chinese cities Radio Free Asia 28 Oct 2022 -- Authorities in Shanghai on Friday ordered more than a million of its residents into lockdown and mass testing, amid reports that some 200 million people are currently under some form of pandemic-related restrictions affecting their daily lives due to Chinese leader Xi Jinping's zero-COVID policy.
- Rare Protests in Tibet Over COVID Lockdown VOA 28 Oct 2022 -- Residents in Tibet's regional capital of Lhasa took to the streets to protest harsh COVID-19 measures, a rare demonstration in the heavily policed city.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 219.60 Cr India PIB 28 Oct 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 219.60 Cr (2,19,60,45,500) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 28 Oct 2022
- India's daily COVID-19 caseload breaches 2,000-mark People's Daily 28 Oct 2022 -- India's daily COVID-19 caseload on Friday breached the 2,000-mark, officials said.
- COVID-19 kills 3 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 28 Oct 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,565 with three more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- S.Korea reports 35,924 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 Oct 2022 -- South Korea reported 35,924 new COVID-19 cases as of midnight Thursday compared to 24 hours ago, raising the total number of infections to 25,466,992, the health authorities said Friday.
- Taiwan reports 34,602 new COVID-19 cases, 57 deaths CNA 28 Oct 2022 -- Taiwan reported 34,602 new COVID-19 infections, including 46 imported cases, and 57 deaths from the disease on Friday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|