15 September 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Memorandum on Presidential Determination on Major Drug Transit or Major Illicit Drug Producing Countries for Fiscal Year 2023 The White House 15 Sep 2022
- Press Briefing by White House Monkeypox Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 15 Sep 2022
- US Believes al-Qaida, IS Shaken by Leadership Losses VOA 15 Sep 2022 -- Despite lingering doubts about the usefulness of so-called decapitation strikes, U.S. operations to kill senior terrorist leaders are paying dividends, according to one of Washingtonâ€™s top counterterrorism officials.
- U.S. Senators Move To Designate Russia State Sponsor Of Terrorism Despite White House Opposition RFE/RL 15 Sep 2022 -- The U.S. State Department has said that the Biden administration is discussing new economic measures to penalize Russia for its invasion of Ukraine after two U.S. senators introduced legislation to label Russia a state sponsor of terrorism.
- Iran censures new US-imposed sanctions IRNA 15 Sep 2022 -- The United States' insistence on imposing news sanctions on Iranian nationals and firms indicates the American statesmen's inability to understand world equations, an Iranian official said.
- US sanctions 12 Iranian individuals, entities over alleged cyber attacks IRNA 15 Sep 2022 -- The US Department of the Treasury on Wednesday added 10 Iranian individuals and 2 entities to its sanctions list, accusing them of carrying out cyber attacks.
- Sanctioning Iranians for Malicious Cyber Acts US Dept. of State 14 Sep 2022 -- The United States is sanctioning ten individuals and two entities, all affiliated with Iranâ€™s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, for their roles in conducting malicious cyber acts, including ransomware activity.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Statement by NSC Spokesperson Adrienne Watson on the Updated COVID-19 Global Response and Recovery Framework The White House 15 Sep 2022
- Tibetans reveal harsh conditions under Chinaâ€™s zero COVID policy Radio Free Asia 15 Sep 2022 -- Tibetan netizens are taking to social media to air their frustrations with the Chinese governmentâ€™s zero COVID policy, which has completely shut down Lhasa and other areas of the Tibetan Autonomous Region (TAR), sources in the region told RFA.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 215.98 Cr India PIB 15 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 215.98 Cr (2,15,98,16,124) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 608 India PIB 15 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 216 Crore (2,16,15,18,104) landmark milestone today. More than 15 lakh (15,71,141) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 15 Sep 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 15 Sep 2022
- COVID-19 kills 15 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 15 Sep 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,258 with 15 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, the country's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 45,470 new COVID-19 cases, 57 deaths CNA 15 Sep 2022 -- COVID-19 cases in Taiwan exceeded 40,000 for the third consecutive day Thursday, with the country recording 45,470 new infections and 57 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- North Korea Hints at Vaccine Campaign, But No One Knows the Details VOA 15 Sep 2022 -- North Korea has suggested it could soon begin COVID-19 vaccinations, but it remains unclear what vaccines it will use, where it will get them, or how many doses it will administer.
- Six dead, thousands infected in Myanmar by new COVID-19 outbreak Radio Free Asia 15 Sep 2022 -- At least six people have died and 2,457 have been infected in Myanmar since the start of the month amid an outbreak of a new omicron variant of COVID-19, the juntaâ€™s Ministry of Health announced Thursday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|