14 September 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Three Iranian Nationals Charged with Engaging in Computer Intrusions and Ransomware-Style Extortion Against U.S. Critical Infrastructure Providers US Dept. of Justice 14 Sep 2022 -- An indictment was unsealed today charging three Iranian nationals with allegedly orchestrating a scheme to hack into the computer networks of multiple U.S. victims.
- Treasury Sanctions IRGC-Affiliated Cyber Actors for Roles in Ransomware Activity US Treasury 14 Sep 2022 -- Today, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctioned ten individuals and two entities for their roles in conducting malicious cyber acts, including ransomware activity. Today's designations are part of a joint action with the Department of Justice, Department of State, Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Cyber Command, National Security Agency, and Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. The individuals and entities designated today are all affiliated with Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).
- U.S. Accuses Three Iranians Of Carrying Out Cyberattacks, Issues Sanctions Against Them RFE/RL 14 Sep 2022 -- The U.S. Justice Department has indicted three Iranians whom it says used ransomware attacks against hundreds of victims in the United States, Britain, and other countries.
- Three Iranian Hackers Charged in 'Ransomware-Style' Hacking Campaign VOA 14 Sep 2022 -- The U.S. Justice Department unsealed a criminal indictment on Wednesday accusing three Iranian nationals of hacking the networks of hundreds of victims in the United States and around the world in what officials described as a "ransomware-style" cyber campaign.
- CISA, FBI, NSA, Treasury, Cyber Command, and International Partners Release Advisory on Malicious Cyber Actors Affiliated with Iranian Government Agency CISA 14 Sep 2022 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National Security Agency (NSA), U.S. Cyber Command Cyber National Mission Force (CNMF), the U.S. Department of the Treasury (Treasury), the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC), the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (CCCS), and the United Kingdom's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) today released a joint Cybersecurity Advisory (CSA) to highlight continued malicious cyber activity by advanced persistent threat (APT) actors affiliated with the Iranian Government's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).
- Readout of the First Joint Ransomware Task Force Meeting CISA 14 Sep 2022 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) co-chaired the first meeting of the Joint Ransomware Task Force (JRTF), an interagency body established by Congress to unify and strengthen efforts against the ongoing threat of ransomware.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 14 Sep 2022
- The end of the COVID-19 pandemic is in sight: WHO UN News 14 Sep 2022 -- As the number of weekly reported deaths from COVID-19 plunged to its lowest since March 2020, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday that the end of the pandemic is now in sight.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 215.67 Cr India PIB 14 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 215.67 Cr (2,15,67,06,574) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 607 India PIB 14 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 215.94 Crore (2,15,94,74,293) landmark milestone today. More than 26 lakh (26,50,055) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 14 Sep 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 14 Sep 2022
- COVID-19 kills 22 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 14 Sep 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,243 with 22 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Daily number of new COVID-19 in Taiwan approaches 50,000 CNA 14 Sep 2022 -- Taiwan reported 37 deaths from COVID-19 on Wednesday and 49,708 new COVID-19 cases, the second day in a row the number of new cases exceeded 40,000 as the Omicron BA.5 variant takes hold, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|