13 September 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- U.S. Says Russia Has Spent $300 Million To Influence Elections In Dozens Of Countries RFE/RL 13 Sep 2022 -- Russia has covertly spent more than $300 million since 2014 on efforts to influence politicians and other officials in more than two dozen countries, the U.S. State Department alleged on September 13.
- Donald Trump associates subpoenaed for influencing US election results Press TV 13 Sep 2022 -- People associated with Donald Trump have received court subpoenas over their alleged attempts to alter the US presidential election results.
- DOJ Sends Over 30 Subpoenas to Trump Allies as Capitol Breach Probe Intensifies, Report Says Sputnik 13 Sep 2022 -- In late March, the US State Department's criminal probe into the January 6, 2021 Capitol breach expanded to examine preparations for a rally by supporters of former President Donald Trump that preceded the riot.
- Statement by European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety Stella Kyriakides and WHO Regional Director for Europe Dr Hans Henri P. Kluge on preventing monkeypox from becoming endemic in Europe European Commission 13 Sep 2022 -- Today, on the occasion of the 72nd session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe, the Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, Stella Kyriakides, and WHO Regional Director for Europe, Dr Hans Henri P. Kluge, reconfirmed their joint efforts to prevent monkeypox from becoming endemic in Europe.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Chinese universities implement classified closed-loop measures amid flare-ups Global Times 13 Sep 2022 -- Several Chinese universities in cities including Beijing, Southwest China's Chengdu and Guiyang have conducted closed-loop management to ensure students and faculties' health amid this wave of flare-ups on campuses.
- Authorities in Xinjiang detain hundreds of villagers protesting COVID lockdowns Radio Free Asia 13 Sep 2022 -- More than 600 mostly young Uyghurs from a village in Ghulja were detained by authorities in Xinjiang on Monday after they ignored a strict COVID-19 lockdown and staged a peaceful street protest against a lack of food that has led to starvation and deaths, a local police officer said.
- Chinese mainland reports 188 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Sep 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 188 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 126 were in Sichuan, according to the National Health Commission's report on Tuesday.
- Sweden donates COVID-19 vaccines to Ukraine Government Offices of Sweden 13 Sep 2022 -- The Swedish Government has today decided to donate more than 500 000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to Ukraine.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 215.47 Cr India PIB 13 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 215.47 Cr (2,15,47,80,693) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 13 Sep 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 13 Sep 2022
- COVID-19 kills 22 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 13 Sep 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,221 with 22 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 47,051 new COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths CNA 13 Sep 2022 -- Taiwan reported 47,051 new cases of COVID-19 and 17 deaths from the disease on Tuesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|