08 September 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Statement by the North Atlantic Council concerning the malicious cyber activities against Albania NATO 08 Sep 2022
- Cyber-attacks: Declaration by the High Representative on behalf of the European Union expressing solidarity with Albania and concern following the July malicious cyber activities EC/CEU 08 Sep 2022 -- The European Union, together with NATO and international partners, expresses full solidarity with Albania and concern following the malicious cyber activities in July.
- US, UK have no right to accuse Iran of cyberattack: Foreign Ministry Press TV 08 Sep 2022 -- The Foreign Ministry says the US and the UK are not in a position to accuse Iran of cyberspace violations, given their previous silence and even support in the face of such transgressions against the Islamic Republic.
- UN meeting upholds need to remember and support victims of terrorism UN News 08 Sep 2022 -- Advancing the rights and needs of people whose lives have been upended by terrorism is the goal of a two-day meeting that opened at United Nations Headquarters in New York on Thursday.
- Erdogan: Senior Daesh Leader Has Been Captured in Turkey Sputnik 08 Sep 2022 -- Turkey, a US and NATO ally, has been accused by the US' Kurdish allies in eastern Syria of providing a "safe zone" for Daesh* and other terrorist groups in the parts of northern Syria Turkey has occupied.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Human development falling behind in ninety per cent of countries: UN report UN News 08 Sep 2022 -- The latest flagship UN report on human development, released on Thursday, warns that multiple crises are halting progress on human development, which is going backwards in the overwhelming majority of countries. Here are five things to look out for in the report.
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - Sept. 7, 2022 US Air Force 08 Sep 2022
- Scientists warn of staying threats of coronavirus, long-time symptoms in U.S. People's Daily 08 Sep 2022 -- While the U.S. health authorities and public start to take down COVID restrictions, many scientists warned that coronavirus is evolving in "worrisome ways," calling for greater awareness of its threat.
- China strengthens COVID-19 measures for upcoming holidays, likely to be adjusted by end-Oct Global Times 08 Sep 2022 -- China has strengthened a series of anti-epidemic measures including advising residents to stay put from September to late October, the National Health Commission (NHC) announced on Thursday, as frequent personnel flows and gatherings in the two upcoming holidays - the Mid-Autumn Festival and the National Day Holiday -- bring more risks of COVID-19 flare-ups. Afterwards, the tightened measures will be adjusted based on the epidemic situation, authorities said.
- China's dynamic zero-COVID policy aims to enhance capacity for epidemic prevention, early detection: official Global Times 08 Sep 2022 -- China's dynamic zero-COVID policy is aimed at improving the capability of epidemic prevention and control as well as early detection, so that infections can be found quickly and the epidemic can be controlled with the lowest social cost, an official said at a "China in the Past Decade" press conference on Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 241 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Sep 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 241 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 69 in Sichuan and 67 in Inner Mongolia, according to the National Health Commission's report Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 214.27 Cr India PIB 08 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 214.27 Cr (2,14,27,81,911) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 601 India PIB 08 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 214.52 Crore (2,14,52,23,129) today. More than 22 lakh (22,75,626) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 08 Sep 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 08 Sep 2022
- COVID-19 kills 23 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 08 Sep 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,108 with 23 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 35,124 new COVID-19 cases, 29 deaths CNA 08 Sep 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 35,124 new cases of COVID-19 and 29 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID Threatening Resurgence of Deadly Meningitis in Africa VOA 08 Sep 2022 -- The World Health Organization is warning of a resurgence of deadly meningitis in Africa because COVID-19 has disrupted lifesaving vaccination campaigns.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|