05 September 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Shenzhen adopts tiered measures; Chengdu extends restrictions, mass testing amid rising COVID-19 clusters in China Global Times 05 Sep 2022 -- South China's tech hub city of Shenzhen adopted tiered COVID-19 preventative measures starting from Monday, while Chengdu in Southwest China's Sichuan Province extended restrictions and mass testing as China sees rising clusters in its latest epidemic outbreak, in which more than 30 cities of the country are currently under citywide or partial "static management."
- Chengdu's COVID-19 lockdown extends, as buildings shake from Sichuan earthquake Radio Free Asia 05 Sep 2022 -- Authorities in the southwestern Chinese city of Chengdu extended a citywide lockdown affecting some 20 million people on Monday, as millions more people were placed under restrictions in the central city of Wuhan.
- Chinese localities urge public to stay put or reduce travel during upcoming holidays to stop COVID Global Times 05 Sep 2022 -- Although two of the most important holidays in the second half of the year - the Mid-Autumn Festival and the National Day Holiday - are approaching in China, people may have to temporarily delay their long-distance travel plans due to the resurgence of COVID-19 in various cities. To stop the spread of the virus, many Chinese localities have requested residents to stay put or reduce travel during the holidays.
- Chinese mainland reports 303 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 05 Sep 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 303 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 105 were in Sichuan and 64 in Tibet, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 213.52 Cr India PIB 05 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 213.52 Cr (2,13,52,74,945) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 598 India PIB 05 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 213.69 Crore (2,13,69,99,408) today. More than 15 lakh (15,68,238) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 05 Sep 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 05 Sep 2022
- COVID-19 kills 24 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 05 Sep 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,019 with 24 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports 24,103 new COVID-19 cases, 31 deaths CNA 05 Sep 2022 -- Taiwan on Monday reported 24,103 new cases of COVID-19 and 31 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan to resume visa-free entry for multiple countries from Sept. 12 CNA 05 Sep 2022 -- Taiwan will resume visa-free entry privileges from Sept. 12 for travelers from the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan's 14 diplomatic allies, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Monday.
- Taiwan approves updated Moderna vaccine as booster CNA 05 Sep 2022 -- Taiwan's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) on Monday approved the use of Moderna's second-generation COVID-19 vaccine as a booster shot for recipients at high risk of infection or severe disease.
- Sinuiju City Reinforces Anti-epidemic Barrier KCNA 05 Sep 2022 -- Sinuiju City of the DPRK maintains high vigilance and focuses efforts on further reinforcing its anti-epidemic barrier.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|