26 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- New Mexico Man Indicted for Attempting to Provide Material Support to ISIS US Dept. of Justice 26 Aug 2022 -- A New Mexico man was arrested today for allegedly attempting to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization, the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) and attempting to obstruct, influence and impede at least one official proceeding.
- Queens Man Pleads Guilty to Attempting to Provide Material Support to ISIS US Dept. of Justice 26 Aug 2022 -- Awais Chudhary, 22, a naturalized U.S. citizen born in Pakistan and residing in Queens, pleaded guilty today in federal court in Brooklyn to attempting to provide material support to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), a designated foreign terrorist organization.
- Kyrgyz Security Agency Detains Three Alleged Jihadists RFE/RL 26 Aug 2022 -- Kyrgyzstan's State Committee for National Security (UKMK) says its officers have detained three alleged jihadists in the Central Asian country's southern region of Batken.
- Russian Involvement Suspected In Cyberattack Targeting Montenegrin Government RFE/RL 26 Aug 2022 -- Montenegro suspects Russian involvement in a massive cyberattack targeting government websites and infrastructure, the second such attack on the Balkan country in less than a week.
- Few in US Receive Full Monkeypox Vaccine Regimen VOA 26 Aug 2022 -- The head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Friday that very few people in the United States have received a full series of monkeypox vaccinations.
- Monkeypox cases spike in Americas, fall in Europe: WHO People's Daily 26 Aug 2022 -- The Americas have replaced Europe as the region with the highest caseload -- more than two-thirds -- of newly confirmed monkeypox infections globally in the past few weeks, the World Health Organization (WHO) said here on Thursday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Department of the Army updates Total Army COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 26 Aug 2022 -- The U.S. Army updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests for the Total Army as of August 25, 2022.
- Soldiers now have additional COVID-19 vaccine options Army News 26 Aug 2022 -- A new COVID-19 vaccine will be available to Soldiers as an alternative to the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccines, the Army recently announced.
- US Suspends China Flights Over COVID-19 Regulations VOA 26 Aug 2022 -- The U.S. announced late Thursday it is suspending 26 China-bound flights from the United States by four Chinese carriers after the Chinese government suspended some U.S. flights because of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Chinese mainland reports 262 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 262 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 111 were in Hainan Province, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 211.13 Cr India PIB 26 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 211.13 Cr (2,11,13,94,639) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,81,13,254 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 588 India PIB 26 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 211.36 Crore (2,11,36,76,071) today. More than 21 lakh (21,20,127) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 26 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 26 Aug 2022
- COVID-19 kills 35 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 26 Aug 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 143,647 with 35 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 26,761 new COVID-19 cases, 45 deaths CNA 26 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 26,761 new cases of COVID-19 and 45 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Russian Ambassador to DPRK Interviews with Rossiskaya Gazeta KCNA 26 Aug 2022 -- Alexandr Matsegora, Russian ambassador to the DPRK, had an interview with a journalist of the Rossiskaya Gazeta, the government organ of the Russian Federation, on August 19.
- Cause of Fever Outbreak Clarified in DPRK KCNA 26 Aug 2022 -- According to information of the State Emergency Epidemic Prevention Headquarters, it made clear that all the fever cases who occurred in Ryanggang Province were ones with influenza.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|