24 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- US Justice Department Releases 2019 Memo Advising Against Charging Trump VOA 24 Aug 2022 -- The U.S. Justice Department on Wednesday released a confidential 2019 memo that advised then-Attorney General William Barr not to pursue criminal charges against then-President Donald Trump for obstructing the special counsel investigation of Russian election meddling.
- UNICEF responds to protect and support children and families following declaration of new Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo UNICEF 24 Aug 2022 -- Following the confirmation of a new Ebola case in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), UNICEF teams are working to provide support for affected communities.
- U.S. reports over 15,000 monkeypox cases in all 50 states People's Daily 24 Aug 2022 -- The United States has confirmed over 15,000 monkeypox cases across all 50 states, according to the latest data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 24 Aug 2022
- Guangzhou reports 2 infections of Omicron variant BA.2.76 with existing risks of transmission at community level Global Times 24 Aug 2022 -- Guangzhou in South China's Guangdong Province reported on Wednesday two new local infections of COVID-19, with the virus gene sequencing results turning out to be Omicron variant BA.2.76, which was highly likely transmitted from personnel from other provinces. Experts believe there exists a certain risk of transmission at community level and the possibility of other infections cannot be ruled out.
- Chinese mainland reports 380 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 24 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 380 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 264 were in Hainan Province, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 210.58 Cr India PIB 24 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 210.58 Cr (2,10,58,83,682) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,80,21,928 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 586 India PIB 24 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 210 Crore (2,10,79,32,647) landmark milestone today. More than 19 lakh (19,13,305) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 24 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 24 Aug 2022
- COVID-19 kills 45 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 24 Aug 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 143,550 with 45 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 28,570 new COVID-19 cases, 18 deaths CNA 24 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Wednesday reported 28,570 new cases of COVID-19 and 18 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Omicron subvariant-induced outbreak forecast to peak earlier: CECC CNA 24 Aug 2022 -- The recent surge in new COVID-19 cases induced by the Omicron subvariant BA. 5 is expected to peak in mid or late September, around 10 days earlier than originally expected, the Central Epidemic Commander Center (CECC) said Wednesday.
- State Anti-epidemic Foundation Consolidated in DPRK KCNA 24 Aug 2022 -- Units and sectors strive to radically strengthen the state anti-epidemic foundation by signally enhancing sci-tech power throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|