22 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- DR Congo reports one suspected Ebola case: WHO People's Daily 22 Aug 2022 -- Health authorities in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) are investigating a case suspected of Ebola virus disease, in the country's northeastern province of North Kivu, as DRC's latest Ebola epidemic was declared over in early July, said the World Health Organization (WHO) regional office for Africa via a statement Saturday.
- UK to Offer Smaller Doses of Monkeypox Vaccine as Supply Runs Low Sputnik 22 Aug 2022 -- The UK Health Security Agency announced on Monday that people eligible for monkeypox vaccination will be offered smaller doses as it looks to stretch out the shrinking supply.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Chinese mainland reports 360 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 360 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 232 were in Hainan Province, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Schools in Beijing to run normally with stricter epidemic prevention measures Global Times 22 Aug 2022 -- Schools in Beijing will open normally for the upcoming new semester, which starts in September, local authorities said on Monday, adding that students will need to undergo increasingly frequent nucleic acid testing during the first week back, as Beijing faces pressure to contain COVID-19 following sporadic outbreaks around the country.
- Chinese vice premier urges eliminating community COVID-19 spread in island province People's Daily 22 Aug 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan has stressed efforts to eliminate community transmissions of COVID-19 in south China's Hainan Province.
- Epidemic situation in S China's Hainan reaches a turning point, with the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases declining Global Times 22 Aug 2022 -- With the continuous decline in the number of confirmed cases, the epidemic situation in South China's Hainan Province has already reached a turning point at the moment, Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan said during her recent inspection trip to the southern island province on Sunday, adding that the epidemic prevention and control situation in Hainan is improving steadily.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 210.02 Cr India PIB 22 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 210.02 Cr (2,10,02,40,361) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,79,49,087 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 584 India PIB 22 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 210 Crore (2,10,28,10,066) landmark milestone today. More than 23 lakh (23,98,463) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 22 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 22 Aug 2022
- COVID-19 kills 62 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 22 Aug 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 143,449 with 62 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports 16,911 new COVID-19 cases, 23 deaths CNA 22 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Monday reported 16,911 new cases of COVID-19 and 23 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan raises weekly arrivals cap CNA 22 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan has raised the weekly cap of 40,000 arrivals from abroad to 50,000 with immediate effect because of falling COVID-19 case numbers abroad, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Monday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|