12 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- FBI Cincinnati Statement FBI 12 Aug 2022 -- "On August 11, 2022 at approximately 9:15 AM EST, an armed male subject attempted to breach the Visitor Screening Facility at the FBI Cincinnati Field Office."
- Memorandum on the Delegation of Authority Under the Trans-Sahara Counterterrorism Partnership Program Act of 2022 The White House 12 Aug 2022
- Monkeypox: experts give virus variants new names WHO 12 Aug 2022 -- A group of global experts convened by WHO has agreed on new names for monkeypox virus variants, as part of ongoing efforts to align the names of the monkeypox disease, virus and variantsâ€”or cladesâ€”with current best practices. The experts agreed to name the clades using Roman numerals.
- New York Health Officials Detect Poliovirus in City Sewage VOA 12 Aug 2022 -- New York state and city health authorities said Friday that poliovirus, which causes paralytic polio, had been detected in samples of New York City sewage, suggesting the disease likely was circulating in the city.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Department of the Army updates Total Army COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 12 Aug 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests for the Total Army as of August 11, 2022.
- Hundreds of Americans still dying of COVID-19 each day: ABC News People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- Despite some positive advances, coronavirus-related deaths remain at a persistently high level in the United States, with nearly 400 American deaths to COVID-19 reported each day, a daily total that has not seen any significant declines since the spring, reported ABC News on Wednesday.
- China's zero-COVID curbs bring Guangdong's manufacturing hub to its knees Radio Free Asia 12 Aug 2022 -- The ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP)'s zero-COVID measures are forcing large numbers of private manufacturers to close in the Pearl River delta region this month, RFA has learned.
- Xinjiang residents warned of 3 weeks detention for violating COVID-19 lockdown Radio Free Asia 12 Aug 2022 -- Authorities in Xinjiang are threatening those who flout quarantine laws with as many as three weeks of detention amid a new outbreak of COVID-19 in the region that has seen infections rise sharply since the start of the month, sources told RFA Uyghur.
- Chinese mainland reports 648 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 648 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 595 were in Hainan Province, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- China's Hainan reports 2,318 confirmed COVID-19 cases in latest resurgence People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- As of noon on Thursday, south China's Hainan Province has registered 2,318 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 1,821 asymptomatic cases since the province's current resurgence began Aug. 1, local authorities said.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 207.47 Cr India PIB 12 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 207.47 Cr (2,07,47,19,034) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,75,59,030 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 574 India PIB 12 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 207.68 Crore (2,07,68,05,074) today. More than 20 lakh (20,13,564) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 12 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 12 Aug 2022
- COVID-19 kills 68 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 12 Aug 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 142,806 with 68 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 21,989 new COVID-19 cases, 31 deaths CNA 12 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 21,989 new cases of COVID-19 and 31 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Fourth round of rapid test rationing plan to start Aug. 15 CNA 12 Aug 2022 -- The fourth round of the government's COVID-19 rapid test kits rationing scheme will begin on Aug. 15, with every holder of a National Health Insurance (NHI) card or Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) entitled to purchase up to two five-test kits, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced on Friday.
- Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un's Speech at National Meeting of Reviewing Emergency Anti-Epidemic Work KCNA 12 Aug 2022 -- The respected Comrade Kim Jong Un made a speech "Let Us Guarantee More Reliably the Safety of the State and People by Following Up the Successes We Have Achieved in the Anti-Epidemic War" at the National Meeting of Reviewing the Emergency Anti-Epidemic Work on August 10, Juche 111 (2022).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|