05 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Alleged Russian Cryptocurrency Money Launderer Extradited to United States US Dept. of Justice 05 Aug 2022 -- Defendant Extradited from Greece to Face Charges Stemming from the Operation of BTC-e, an Illicit Bitcoin Exchange Alleged to Have Received Deposits Valued at Over $4 Billion
- Greece Extradites Russian Suspected In Bitcoin Fraud To U.S. RFE/RL 05 Aug 2022 -- Greece has extradited a Russian national to the United States where he is wanted for allegedly being involved in a massive bitcoin theft scheme.
- U.S. declares public health emergency over monkeypox People's Daily 05 Aug 2022 -- The U.S. government on Thursday declared monkeypox a public health emergency in the country, more than a week after the World Health Organization qualified the outbreak as a global emergency.
- US declares monkeypox outbreak a public health emergency Press TV 05 Aug 2022 -- The United States has declared monkeypox a public health emergency as nationwide cases exceed 6,600.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Department of the Army updates Total Army COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 05 Aug 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests for the Total Army as of August 4, 2022.
- Sanya, Yiwu see flare-ups during summer season; large-scale transmission risk still 'small' Global Times 05 Aug 2022 -- Chinese cities including Sanya, the "Hawaii of China," and Yiwu, the world's small commodity capital, have seen rising numbers of COVID-19 infections during recent days, with tourism affected in the short term. But experts noted that large-scale transmission risk is relatively low, due to local authorities' prompt and strict epidemic prevention and control measures.
- Chinese mainland reports 162 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 05 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Thursday reported 162 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 127 were in Hainan, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 205.59 Cr India PIB 05 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 205.59 Cr (2,05,59,47,243) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,72,54,426 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 567 India PIB 05 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 205.88 Crore (2,05,88,50,870)today. More than 27 lakh (27,42,685)Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 05 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 05 Aug 2022
- Iran's daily new COVID deaths at 47 IRNA 05 Aug 2022 -- Iran's Health Ministry on Friday announced that 47 people had lost their lives to COVID-19 over the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 21,869 new COVID-19 cases, 54 deaths CNA 05 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 21,869 new cases of COVID-19, all but 292 of which were domestic infections, and 54 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command center (CECC).
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 05 Aug 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, no new fever cases were reported from 18:00 of August 3 to 18:00 of August 4 throughout the country. -0-
- State Anti-epidemic System Integrated in DPRK to Ensure Current Anti-epidemic Stability KCNA 05 Aug 2022 -- As no new fever cases were reported during the past week and all those receiving treatment have recovered across the country, the overall anti-epidemic situation of the DPRK has entered a definite phase of stability.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|