04 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Statement on Deputy Secretary of Defense Hicks Memo on Records Retention DoD 04 Aug 2022
- US Declares Monkeypox Outbreak a Public Health Emergency VOA 04 Aug 2022 -- Amid criticism he has been slow to adequately respond to the fast-spreading outbreak of the monkeypox virus, a top U.S. health official Thursday declared an emergency response.
- US Declares Monkeypox Public Health Emergency - HHS Secretary Sputnik 04 Aug 2022 -- The United States declared monkeypox a public health emergency amid a growing number of cases across the country, Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said in a telephone briefing with reporters on Thursday.
- FBI: Al-Qaida Determined to Strike at US Despite Leader's Killing VOA 04 Aug 2022 -- FBI Director Christopher Wray said on Thursday that he remains worried about the potential for a large-scale attack planned or inspired by al-Qaida despite the killing of its top leader in a U.S. drone strike in Afghanistan last weekend.
- Will US Hit Most-Wanted Haqqanis in Afghanistan? VOA 04 Aug 2022 -- Sirajuddin Haqqani has not responded to allegations that al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri lived under his protection in Kabul and he has not appeared in public since al-Zawahiri's killing was reported, but Sirajuddin Haqqani still carries a $10 million bounty on his head for his alleged terrorist activities.
- Iran Intel Ministry arrests 10 Daesh terrorists plotting attacks in Muharram Press TV 04 Aug 2022 -- Iran's Intelligence Ministry says it has identified and arrested 10 members of a Daesh Takfiri terrorist group that aimed to conduct acts of terror across the country during the mourning month of Muharram.
- Iran Arrests 10 Alleged Islamic State Militants On Suspicion Of Plotting Attacks On Religious Processions RFE/RL 04 Aug 2022 -- Iran says it has arrested 10 militants affiliated with the extremist Islamic State (IS) group who were planning to carry out attacks on religious processions during the Islamic month of Muharram, which started on July 30.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Macao loosens border restrictions with mainland as pandemic under control People's Daily 04 Aug 2022 -- China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) on Wednesday loosened land border restrictions with the mainland's Zhuhai city, Guangdong Province, as the latest wave of COVID-19 outbreak is under control.
- Chinese mainland reports 53 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Wednesday reported 53 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 24 in Hainan and 10 in Inner Mongolia, according to the National Health Commission's report Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 205.22 Cr India PIB 04 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 205.22 Cr (2,05,22,51,408) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,72,07,336 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 566 India PIB 04 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 205 Crore (2,05,55,14,320) today. More than 31 lakh (31,11,315) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 04 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 04 Aug 2022
- Iran's daily new COVID deaths at 81 IRNA 04 Aug 2022 -- Iran's Health Ministry on Thursday announced that 81 people had lost their lives to COVID-19 over the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 22,959 new COVID-19 cases, 56 deaths CNA 04 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 22,959 new cases of COVID-19, all but 252 of which were domestic infections, and 56 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command center (CECC).
- Command and Control over Overall State Anti-epidemic Work Tightened in DPRK KCNA 04 Aug 2022 -- Activities for consolidating the current anti-epidemic situation and preventing the outbreak of new epidemics are intensified across the country. Unified command and control over the overall anti-epidemic work is maintained.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 04 Aug 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, no new fever cases, with 5 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of August 2 to 18:00 of August 3 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|