29 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Russian National Charged with Conspiring to Have U.S. Citizens Act as Illegal Agents of the Russian Government US Dept. of Justice 29 Jul 2022 -- An indictment was unsealed today in Tampa, Florida, charging a Russian national, working on behalf of the Russian government and in conjunction with the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB), with allegedly orchestrating a years-long foreign malign influence campaign that used various U.S. political groups to sow discord, spread pro-Russian propaganda, and interfere in elections within the United States.
- U.S. Files Charges Against Russian Operative Over Alleged Russian Influence Campaign RFE/RL 29 Jul 2022 -- The United States has charged a Russian national with recruiting political groups in the United States to sow discord, spread pro-Russian propaganda, and interfere with U.S. elections.
- Targeting Russia's Global Malign Influence Operations and Election Interference Activities US Dept. of State 29 Jul 2022 -- The Russian Federation has demonstrated determination in its attempts to undermine the democratic processes and institutions essential to the functioning of our democracy and that of other countries. It is crucial for our democracy, and democracies around the globe, to hold free and fair elections without malign outside interference.
- Treasury Targets the Kremlin's Continued Malign Political Influence Operations in the U.S. and Globally US Treasury 29 Jul 2022 -- Today, the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as part of a joint action with the Department of Justice, sanctioned two individuals and four entities that support the Kremlin's global malign influence operations and election interference activities. The individuals and entities designated today played various roles in Russia's attempts to manipulate and destabilize the United States and its allies and partners, including Ukraine. This action follows a series of OFAC designations that have highlighted and disrupted Russia's persistent election destabilization efforts against Ukraine.
- Massachusetts Man Arrested for Making Bomb Threat to Arizona State Election Official US Dept. of Justice 29 Jul 2022 -- A Massachusetts man was arrested today in Falmouth, Massachusetts for allegedly sending a communication containing a bomb threat to an election official in the Arizona Secretary of State's Office.
- Readout of Secretary Mayorkas's Meeting with Israeli Minister of Public Security Omer Bar Lev DHS 29 Jul 2022
- Leading ISIS Media Figure and Foreign Fighter Sentenced to Life Imprisonment US Dept. of Justice 29 Jul 2022 -- A Saudi-born Canadian citizen was sentenced today to life imprisonment for conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), a designated foreign terrorist organization, resulting in death.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- DoD Awards $1.74 Billion Agreement to Moderna, Inc. to Secure Over 65 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine for Fall Vaccinations DoD 29 Jul 2022 -- On July 28, 2022, the Department of Defense (DoD), on behalf of and in coordination with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), awarded a $1.74 billion agreement to purchase over 65 million doses of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine for a fall vaccination campaign. The vaccine will target the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron subvariant viruses, as recommended by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Army updates Total Army COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 29 Jul 2022 -- The U.S. Army updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests for the Total Army as of July 28, 2022.
- Chinese mainland reports 60 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 60 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 21 in Gansu Province, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 203.60 Cr India PIB 29 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 203.60 Cr (2,03,60,46,307) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,69,13,617 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 560 India PIB 29 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 203.91 Crore (2,03,91,18,956) today. More than 29 lakh (29,02,502) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 29 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 29 Jul 2022
- COVID-19 kills 54 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 29 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,891 with 54 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 23,289 new COVID-19 cases, 57 deaths CNA 29 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan recorded 23,289 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, all but 306 of which were domestic infections, and 57 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- North Korea builds state-of-the-art wards for privileged COVID patients Radio Free Asia 29 Jul 2022 -- North Korea has set up "Special Treatment Divisions" in hospitals in the capital Pyongyang, where the country's elite can go for treatment if they show symptoms of COVID-19, angering average citizens who lack access to similar care, sources told RFA.
- Efficiency of Overall Anti-epidemic System Firmly Ensured in DPRK KCNA 29 Jul 2022 -- The emergency anti-epidemic sector and the public health sector concentrate their efforts on firmly ensuring the accuracy of all tests to actively cope with any public health crisis on the basis of precious successes and experience gained in the anti-epidemic campaign for nearly 80 days after the start of the maximum emergency anti-epidemic system and on raising the efficiency of the epidemic control system.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 29 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, 3 fever cases, with 14 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 27 to 18:00 of July 28 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|