27 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- US Justice Dept. investigating Trump's actions as part of Jan. 6 probe Press TV 27 Jul 2022 -- The US Department of Justice (DOJ) is investigating former President Donald Trump's actions leading up to the January 6 assault on the US Capitol by his legions of supporters who were protesting against the 2020 presidential election result.
- United States and Ukraine Expand Cooperation on Cybersecurity CISA 27 Jul 2022 -- The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Ukrainian State Service of Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine (SSSCIP) signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) this week to strengthen collaboration on shared cybersecurity priorities.
- Monkeypox vaccine: WHO urges countries to share data on effectiveness UN News 27 Jul 2022 -- As Monkeypox cases reach over 18,000 in 78 countries, the World Health Organization (WHO) on Wednesday, recommended targeted vaccination for those exposed to someone infected and those at high risk of exposure, including health workers, laboratory workers and people with multiple sexual partners.
- WHO Chief: 18,000 Monkeypox Cases Worldwide VOA 27 Jul 2022 -- More than 18,000 cases of monkeypox have been reported across 78 countries, World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Wednesday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 27 Jul 2022
- Monthly operational update on COVID-19 - July 2022 27 Jul 2022
- Remarks by President Biden on COVID-19 The White House 27 Jul 2022
- President Biden Tests Negative for COVID After 5 Days of Isolation VOA 27 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden signaled his recovery from COVID-19 Wednesday with his first public appearance, in which he touted the progress his administration has made in fighting the pandemic.
- District in Wuhan is placed under 3-day lockdown amid latest coronavirus resurgence Global Times 27 Jul 2022 -- Four asymptomatic cases were reported on Tuesday in Jiangxia district, Wuhan, the capital city of Hubei Province, with local health authorities announcing a three-day temporary epidemic control measures in the district starting from 4 am on Wednesday. It is the first time in a year that Wuhan has conducted a large-scale temporary epidemic control measures due to the latest resurgence of the coronavirus.
- New China CDC chief appointed as Gao Fu retires Global Times 27 Jul 2022 -- China has appointed Shen Hongbing as the new head of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), replacing Gao Fu who has retired from his post due to age, according to a statement by the China CDC on Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 79 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 79 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 33 in Guangxi, 19 in Sichuan and 15 in Gansu, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- HKSAR gov't extends existing social distancing measures People's Daily 27 Jul 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Tuesday announced the extension of existing social distancing measures in accordance with the public health emergency regulations.
- Independent audit of Hong Kong COVID tracking system discloses vulnerabilities Radio Free Asia 27 Jul 2022 -- An independent audit of the Hong Kong government's digital COVID-19 contact-tracing apps found significant security issues with the software but said the flaws weren't necessarily intentionally added to allow for unauthorized tracking.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 202.79 Cr India PIB 27 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 202.79 Cr (2,02,79,61,722) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,68,10,586 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 558 India PIB 27 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 203.17 Crore (2,03,17,51,236) today. More than 36 lakh (36,40,863) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 27 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 27 Jul 2022
- Iran's daily new COVID deaths at 37 IRNA 27 Jul 2022 -- Iran's Health Ministry on Wednesday announced that 37 people had lost their lives to COVID-19 over the past 24 hours.
- Japan Sets Record With Over 203,000 New Daily COVID-19 Cases Sputnik 27 Jul 2022 -- The daily tally of COVID-19 cases in Japan has surpassed 203,000, breaking the record since the start of the pandemic, Japanese media reported on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 25,692 new COVID-19 cases, 28 deaths CNA 27 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 25,692 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, all but 171 of which were domestic infections, and 28 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Anti-epidemic Work Properly Guided in DPRK KCNA 27 Jul 2022 -- Integrated guidance is provided in the DPRK to correctly grasp the overall state anti-epidemic work and ensure the execution of the updated anti-epidemic policies.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 27 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, 18 fever cases, with over 40 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 25 to 18:00 of July 26 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|