22 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Calls Rise in US Congress to Designate Russia a State Sponsor of Terrorism VOA 22 Jul 2022 -- As the war in Ukraine approaches the end of its fifth month and Russian attacks on civilian sites are reported on a near-daily basis, pressure is mounting on the Biden administration to officially designate Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism.
- Joint Statement of the Third Meeting of the India-U.S. Counternarcotics Working Group US Dept. of State 22 Jul 2022 -- The text of the following statement was released by the Governments of the United States of America and the Government of India, on the occasion of the Third Meeting of the India-U.S. Counternarcotics Working Group.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO updates COVID-19 strategy in bid to vaccinate all health workers, those most at risk UN News 22 Jul 2022 -- Although the COVID-19 vaccination rollout is the biggest and fastest in history, many people most at risk are still not protected against the disease, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Friday, announcing an updated inoculation strategy.
- WHO releases global COVID-19 vaccination strategy update to reach unprotected WHO 22 Jul 2022
- Department of the Army announces Total Army COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 22 Jul 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests for the Total Army as of July 21, 2022.
- U.S. COVID-19 cases surpass 90 mln People's Daily 22 Jul 2022 -- The total number of COVID-19 cases in the United States surpassed 90 million on Thursday, according to data from the Johns Hopkins University.
- BA.5 fuels another COVID-19 wave as U.S. infections surpass 90 mln People's Daily 22 Jul 2022 -- The latest and most transmissible COVID-19 variant has been driving another surge of infections in the United States as the country's total caseload topped over 90 million on Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 106 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Thursday reported 106 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 52 in Gansu and 21 in Guangxi, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- COVID-19 situation in China fluctuating at low level: official People's Daily 22 Jul 2022 -- The COVID-19 situation has been fluctuating at a low level in China since the beginning of July, with resurgences reported in multiple places within a few areas, a Chinese health authority official said on Thursday.
- COVID-19 case count exceeds 30 mln in Germany People's Daily 22 Jul 2022 -- Germany registered 136,624 new COVID-19 infections on Thursday, bringing the total count to over 30 million cases. Thursday's figure was around 16,000 less than a week ago, the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) has said.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 201.30 Cr India PIB 22 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 201.30 Cr (2,01,30,97,819) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,65,61,942 sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 22 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 22 Jul 2022
- COVID-19 kills 31 more Iranians in past 24 hours IRNA 22 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,624 with 31 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 24,093 new COVID-19 cases, 86 deaths CNA 22 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 24,093 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, all but 280 of which were domestic infections, and 86 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports first COVID-19 BA.2.75 sublineage case CNA 22 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported its first case of the BA.2.75 sublineage of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 Friday, with the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) saying that the infected individual had been quarantined immediately after arriving in Taiwan from India.
- Advanced Sci-tech Achievements and Experience Introduced in Anti-epidemic Work in DPRK KCNA 22 Jul 2022 -- The state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters is introducing advanced sci-tech achievements in the anti-epidemic work on the basis of the experience and lessons drawn during the operation of the maximum emergency anti-epidemic system.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 22 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, more than 140 fever cases, with over 170 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 20 to 18:00 of July 21 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|