21 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Joint Statement by the United States and the United Kingdom on Data Access Agreement US Dept. of Justice 21 Jul 2022 -- The United States and United Kingdom intend to bring into force the Agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on Access to Electronic Data for the Purpose of Countering Serious Crime ("Data Access Agreement"), which was signed in 2019, on Oct. 3, 2022.
- Message to the Congress on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Transnational Criminal Organizations The White House 21 Jul 2022
- Notice on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Transnational Criminal Organizations. The White House 21 Jul 2022
- U.S. Attorney General Merrick B. Garland Calls Mexico's Attorney General Alejandro Gertz Manero to Discuss the Extradition of Rafael Caro-Quintero US Dept. of Justice 21 Jul 2022 -- This afternoon, U.S. Attorney General Merrick B. Garland spoke by phone with Mexico's Attorney General Alejandro Gertz Manero. Attorney General Garland called to express his gratitude to Attorney General Gertz and the Government of Mexico for successfully arresting Rafael Caro-Quintero, who is wanted in the United States on a number of criminal charges, including his alleged involvement in the kidnapping and murder of Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent Enrique "Kiki" Camarena in 1985.
- WHO Reconsiders Naming Monkeypox Global Crisis as Worldwide Cases Top 15,300 Sputnik 21 Jul 2022 -- For the second time in as many months, the World Health Organization's (WHO) emergency committee met on Thursday to consider whether or not to declare the outbreak of monkeypox, a virus related to smallpox that was previously only endemic in parts of West Africa, a global crisis.
- Emergency Committee meets again as Monkeypox cases pass 14,000: WHO UN News 21 Jul 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) on Thursday reconvened the Monkeypox Emergency Committee to assess the public health implications of the evolving multi-country outbreak, as global cases passed 14,000, with six countries reporting their first cases last week.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Biden Tests Positive for COVID-19 VOA 21 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden has tested positive for COVID-19 but is only "experiencing very mild symptoms," the White House announced Thursday.
- Why Aren't More Americans Getting COVID-19 Booster Shots? VOA 21 Jul 2022 -- New cases of COVID-19 have been sweeping across the United States in recent weeks. On Thursday, President Joe Biden tested positive. His symptoms of tiredness, a runny nose and dry cough are considered mild.
- 'Dabai' mass COVID-19 test workers strike over unpaid wages in China's Shenyang Radio Free Asia 21 Jul 2022 -- Workers at test centers in northeastern China have been striking over unpaid wages in a nationwide COVID-19 testing industry that has expanded far beyond its sources of funding.
- China mulls further reduction of quarantine period, more precise anti-epidemic measures Global Times 21 Jul 2022 -- China is mulling whether to further shorten the quarantine period and impose more precise anti-epidemic restrictions, as part of its efforts to optimize the COVID-19 response, health authorities said on Thursday amid Omicron BA.5 subvariant-dominated outbreaks in at least 20 Chinese provinces and regions.
- 160 mln Chinese doses administered as Bangladesh strengthens fight against COVID-19 People's Daily 21 Jul 2022 -- The Bangladeshi government decided on Wednesday to extend the ongoing special campaign to administer the second dose and booster shot of the COVID-19 vaccine by another day to July 21.
- Chinese mainland reports 148 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 148 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 52 in Guangxi and 49 in Gansu, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Over 185,000 people in Hong Kong take 4th dose of COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 21 Jul 2022 -- Over 185,000 people in Hong Kong have taken the fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccines, official data showed on Wednesday.
- Europe engulfed by new COVID-19 wave, says ECDC expert People's Daily 21 Jul 2022 -- Europe is engulfed by a new COVID-19 wave as the number of new infections has tripled in six weeks, the Stockholm-based European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) said on Wednesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 200.91 Cr India PIB 21 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 200.91 Cr (2,00,91,91,969) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,64,98,391 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 552 India PIB 21 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 201.26 Crore (2,01,26,51,184) today. More than 32 lakh (32,99,155) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 21 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 21 Jul 2022
- COVID-19 kills 29 more Iranians in past 24 hours IRNA 21 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,593 with 29 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 25,171 new COVID-19 cases, 74 deaths CNA 21 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 25,171 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, all but 264 of which were domestic infections, and 74 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- All Efforts Focused on Consolidating Anti-epidemic Foundation KCNA 21 Jul 2022 -- Kusong City, North Phyongan Province of the DPRK intensifies the ongoing emergency anti-epidemic campaign.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 21 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, more than 170 fever cases, with over 300 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 19 to 18:00 of July 20 throughout the country.
- All-people Unity in Action Maintained in Emergency Anti-epidemic Campaign of DPRK KCNA 21 Jul 2022 -- The emergency anti-epidemic campaign for completely defusing the epidemic crisis and turning the country into the one free from COVID-19 is the most important affair which should be powerfully launched with it placed in the first standing of the state affairs.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|