16 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Saudi National Cybersecurity Authority and U.S. Department of Homeland Security Sign MoU to Promote Cybersecurity Cooperation SPA 16 Jul 2022 -- On the sidelines of U.S. President Joe Biden's visit to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on July 15-16 2022, the Saudi National Cybersecurity Authority (NCA) announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding for Cybersecurity Cooperation with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- BA.5 Omicron subvariant 4 times more vaccine-resistant: study People's Daily 16 Jul 2022 -- The BA.5 Omicron subvariant, now the dominant coronavirus strain in the United States, is four times more resistant to COVID-19 vaccines, according to a new study published in Nature.
- Latest COVID-19 playbook revision 'an optimization, not a relaxation,' still valid in combating latest variants: top health experts Global Times 16 Jul 2022 -- The latest edition of China's previously announced COVID-19 playbook is an optimization, not a relaxation, of the anti-COVID model, and the instructed measures are still valid in combating the latest COVID-19 variants such as Omicron BA.4 and Omicron BA.5, China's top health experts told the media on Saturday.
- Shanghai identifies 23,000 close contacts related to infections spread in a karaoke Global Times 16 Jul 2022 -- Most of the recent COVID-19 infections reported in Shanghai have been traced back to an initial infection in a karaoke venue located in Putuo district, Shanghai's anti-epidemic expert team said on Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 75 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 16 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Friday reported 75 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 31 in Gansu, 16 in Anhui and 15 in Guangdong, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- More test kits distributed in Hong Kong to trace COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 16 Jul 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said on Friday that it will distribute 275,000 COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Anhui county in E.China in closed management as 151 positive results discovered in one day; domestic vaccines, drugs send good news Global Times 16 Jul 2022 -- COVID-19 infections continue to increase in some Chinese cities as the country is faced with sporadic outbreaks caused by highly transmissible Omicron variants. Since Friday, the Huaiyuan county in East China's Anhui Province have been put under closed management after 151 positive results were reported during a primary nucleic acid testing the day before.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 199.71 Cr India PIB 16 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 199.71 Cr (1,99,71,61,438) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,62,86,177 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 547 India PIB 16 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 199.96 Crore (199,96,72,322) today. More than 23 lakh (23,60,137) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 16 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 16 Jul 2022
- 9 Iranians die due to COVID-19 in past 24 hours IRNA 16 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,486 with nine more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 25,296 new COVID-19 cases, 72 deaths CNA 16 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 25,296 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, all but 45 of which were domestic infections, and 72 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Efforts Concentrated on Maintaining and Enhancing Anti-epidemic Stability in DPRK KCNA 16 Jul 2022 -- The recent worldwide outbreak of a new COVID-19 sub-variant BA.2.75 following the spread of BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variants calls for strengthening the anti-epidemic work and firmly solidifying the material and technical foundation to maintain and enhance the anti-epidemic stability of the country.
- Efforts Prioritized on Maintaining and Enhancing Anti-epidemic Stability in DPRK KCNA 16 Jul 2022 -- The recent worldwide outbreak of a new COVID-19 sub-variant BA.2.75 following the spread of BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variants calls for strengthening the anti-epidemic work and firmly solidifying the material and technical foundation to maintain and enhance the anti-epidemic stability of the country.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 16 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 460 fever cases, with over 590 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 14 to 18:00 of July 15 throughout the country.
- Canada confirms nearly 25,000 new cases in weekly COVID-19 update People's Daily 16 Jul 2022 -- The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) on Friday confirmed a total of 24,872 new cases of COVID-19 for the week of July 3 to 9, pushing the number of total cases to nearly four million.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|