08 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Ghana prepares for possible first-ever Marburg virus outbreak UN News 08 Jul 2022 -- Preliminary findings of two Marburg virus cases have prompted Ghana to prepare for a potential outbreak of the disease. If confirmed, these would the first such infections recorded in the country, and only the second in West Africa. Marburg is a highly infectious viral haemorrhagic fever in the same family as the more well-known Ebola virus disease.
- Ghana Records First-Ever Suspected Cases of Marburg Virus Disease VOA 08 Jul 2022 -- Ghana's health authorities say they have, for the first time, confirmed two fatal cases of the Marburg virus, a relative of the Ebola virus.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Army updates Total Army COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 08 Jul 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests for the Total Army as of July 7, 2022.
- As COVID-19 Cases Rise, New Variant Poses Major Challenge VOA 08 Jul 2022 -- Cases of COVID-19 are surging again globally, due in large part to the rise of virus variant Omicron BA.5, which is much more contagious than its predecessors and is able to circumvent existing immunity in many people.
- China-developed neutralizing antibody combination therapy enters market; effective against BA.4, BA.5: experts Global Times 08 Jul 2022 -- China-developed neutralizing antibody combination COVID-19 therapeutic drugs have been made available for commercial sale. The drugs are effective in combating the fast transmitting BA.4 and BA.5, industry experts said on Friday.
- Beijing further adjusts prevention measures to facilitate inbound travel Global Times 08 Jul 2022 -- Beijing authorities have announced multiple new adjustments on COVID-19 prevention measures to further facilitate inbound travels to the city, including lifting restriction of residents from counties in border and port cities to enter and adjusting limits for travel from cities with confirmed cases, which have been hailed by analysts as a clear approach to implementing China's latest version of prevention and control protocols and setting an example on not simplifying prevention by restricting travelers.
- COVID-19 pandemic affects essential health services: Lao health minister People's Daily 08 Jul 2022 -- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected essential health services and, even though the virus outbreak in Laos has subsided, some healthcare services are not able to recover to pre-pandemic levels, according to Lao Minister of Health Bounfeng Phoummalaysith.
- China's Anhui reports 17 confirmed, 140 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Jul 2022 -- East China's Anhui Province reported 17 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 140 local asymptomatic carriers on Thursday, the provincial health commission said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 67 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Friday reported 67 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 25 in Anhui and 11 in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Saturday.
- Beijing residents can enter all public venues after temperature check and with a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours: health official Global Times 08 Jul 2022 -- Beijing residents can enter all kinds of public venues after a temperature check and showing a negative result of nucleic acid test within 72 hours, emphasized an official from the Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
- Chinese mainland reports 47 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 47 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 17 each in Shanghai and Anhui, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- EMA sees new COVID-19 wave in many EU countries People's Daily 08 Jul 2022 -- Europe is facing a new wave of COVID-19 driven by the highly-transmissible BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants of Omicron, said the European Medicines Agency (EMA) on Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 198.51 Cr India PIB 08 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 198.51 Cr (1,98,51,77,962) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,59,95,556 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 539 India PIB 08 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 198.63 Crore (1,98,63,82,858) today. More than 10 lakh (10,74,543) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 08 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 08 Jul 2022
- India reduces gap between second dose of COVID-19 and booster dose to 6 months People's Daily 08 Jul 2022 -- India's health ministry has reduced the gap between the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine and the third booster dose from nine months to six months, officials said Thursday.
- COVID-19 kills 7 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 08 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,427 with seven more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 30,477 new COVID-19 cases, 131 deaths CNA 08 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 30,477 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, all but 163 of which were domestic infections, and 131 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Anti-epidemic Measures Strictly Observed in DPRK KCNA 08 Jul 2022 -- Kim Chaek City in North Hamgyong Province of the DPRK is focusing on thoroughly ensuring the public anti-epidemic atmosphere and voluntary unity.
- More Anti-epidemic Measures Taken in Anticipation of Natural Disaster in DPRK KCNA 08 Jul 2022 -- All the sectors and units of the DPRK take more anti-epidemic measures as disastrous weather has become a fait accompli.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 08 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 1 630 fever cases, with over 2 060 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 6 to 18:00 of July 7 throughout the country.
- Finland donated COVID-19 vaccines to Nicaragua Finnish Government 08 Jul 2022 -- Finland donated around 400,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to the people of Nicaragua. The donated doses arrived at their destination in early July. Finland is committed to international vaccine solidarity and places particular emphasis on the right of the most vulnerable people to receive COVID-19 vaccines.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|