07 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Attempting to Provide Material Support to ISIS US Dept. of Justice 07 Jul 2022 -- A Florida man was sentenced today to 20 years in federal prison, followed by 15 years of supervised release, for attempting to provide material support to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, also known as ISIS, a designated foreign terrorist organization.
- Singapore confirms 1st local monkeypox case People's Daily 07 Jul 2022 -- Singapore's Ministry of Health announced on Wednesday that it has confirmed one local case of monkeypox infection in the city-state.
- First Case of Monkeypox Confirmed in Slovakia - Health Authority Sputnik 07 Jul 2022 -- The first case of monkeypox was confirmed in Slovakia, Public Health Authority spokeswoman Dasha Rachkova said on Thursday.
- Ecuador confirms first case of monkeypox People's Daily 07 Jul 2022 -- Ecuador's Public Health Ministry on Wednesday confirmed the country's first case of monkeypox, in a 30-year-old man who lives in the southwest coastal province of Guayas.
- NGOs urge Cambodia to crack down on Chinese drugs Radio Free Asia 07 Jul 2022 -- NGOs are urging government authorities to enact tougher measures against Chinese drug lords operating in Cambodia, as methamphetamine use continues to surge in the Southeast Asian country.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO: Countries Must Prepare for Future COVID-19 Waves VOA 07 Jul 2022 -- The World Health Organization warns new variants of COVID-19 are spreading and people must remain vigilant and employ public health measures to protect themselves from contracting and transmitting the deadly disease.
- WHO: COVID cases increase by 30% globally Press TV 07 Jul 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) says global cases of COVID-19 have increased by nearly 30 percent during the past two weeks.
- Beijing's govt and public institutions should be placed under temporary lockdown after detection of COVID case: guideline Global Times 07 Jul 2022 -- Beijing's government departments and public institutions should be immediately placed under temporary closed management when confirmed COVID-19 cases, asymptomatic infections, close contacts and other epidemic-related situations are reported, according to a guideline issued by Beijing health authority.
- Hong Kong keeps tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 07 Jul 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said on Wednesday that it will distribute 315,000 COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Xi'an under seven-day lockdown amid surge in COVID-19 cases across eastern China Radio Free Asia 07 Jul 2022 -- Authorities across China have stepped up mass testing and COVID-19 restrictions as cases continued to surge in major cities. Millions stood in line in Shanghai to get tested on Thursday, as the local authorities said they had traced a renewed outbreak to an underground karaoke parlor, with residents of several districts ordered to take two PCR tests between Tuesday and Thursday.
- Shanghai reports 54 new local infections People's Daily 07 Jul 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 32 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 22 local asymptomatic carriers on Wednesday, the municipal health commission said Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 198.33 Cr India PIB 07 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 198.33 Cr (1,98,33,18,772) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,59,53,259 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 538 India PIB 07 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 198.49 Crore (1,98,49,33,641) today. More than 15 lakh (15,19,612) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 07 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 07 Jul 2022
- COVID-19 kills 7 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 07 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,420 with 7 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 31,462 new COVID-19 cases, 105 deaths CNA 07 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 31,462 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, all but 98 of which were domestic infections, and 105 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan raises weekly arrivals cap, loosens pre-entry PCR requirement CNA 07 Jul 2022 -- The current weekly cap of 25,000 visitor arrivals has been raised to 40,000 with immediate effect and pre-entry COVID-19 PCR test requirements for certain groups of people will soon be removed, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) on Thursday.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 07 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 1 950 fever cases, with over 2 400 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 5 to 18:00 of July 6 throughout the country.
- Stable Anti-epidemic Situation in DPRK KCNA 07 Jul 2022 -- With the state unified command system and social anti-epidemic discipline intensifying to restore complete security in the anti-epidemic drive, the overall anti-epidemic situation is admirably controlled and managed in the DPRK.
- Hospital system under stress as Aussie state on verge of new wave of COVID-19 People's Daily 07 Jul 2022 -- The Australian state of Queensland is on the verge of a new wave of COVID-19, and health authorities warned hospitals strain could be the worst yet.
- Half Canadians infected with Omicron: report People's Daily 07 Jul 2022 -- Half of the Canadian population, or more than 17 million people, were infected with Omicron in only five months starting December 2021, local media reported Wednesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|