05 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Peru's monkeypox cases climb to 15 People's Daily 05 Jul 2022 -- Twelve new cases of monkeypox have been detected in Peru in recent days, bringing the total number to 15, Health Minister Jorge Lopez said on Monday.
- Panama Detects First Monkeypox Case Sputnik 05 Jul 2022 -- The first case of monkeypox has been detected in Panama, the national health ministry said on Tuesday.
- Mastermind behind Karachi Confucius Institute attack busted with foreign forces suspected of playing a role Global Times 05 Jul 2022 -- Pakistan has arrested the main suspect of the attack on the Confucius Institute at the University of Karachi, who was linked to two separatist groups in an attempt to sabotage the flagship China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) projects, Pakistani authorities announced on Tuesday, adding that foreign forces are suspected of manipulating behind the scenes.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Russia's War in Ukraine Overshadows G20's Post-Pandemic Economic Recovery VOA 05 Jul 2022 -- Russia's aggression against Ukraine is high on the agenda as U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken meets with other foreign ministers from the Group of 20 largest economies, or G-20, later this week in Bali, Indonesia.
- Xi'an enters a 7-day close-off management as COVID-19 cases found in region's largest trading market Global Times 05 Jul 2022 -- The historic city of Xi'an, home to 13 million people in Northwest China's Shaanxi Province, will enter a seven-day close-off management due to a cluster of COVID-19 infections at the Zhaohui Renewable Resources Trading Market, Shaanxi's largest renewable resources trading market.
- China reports '112+306' cases on Monday, infections in Anhui Province show declining tendency Global Times 05 Jul 2022 -- China reported 112 confirmed COVID-19 cases on Monday, including 43 imported cases and 69 domestic cases, said National Health Commission on Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 69 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 05 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Monday reported 69 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, 52 of which were in Anhui Province, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Shanghai reports 3 confirmed, 5 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 05 Jul 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported three confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and five local asymptomatic cases on Monday, the municipal health commission said Tuesday.
- Macau 'at a standstill' amid zero-COVID restrictions, mandatory mass testing program Radio Free Asia 05 Jul 2022 -- Authorities in the former Portuguese enclave of Macau have imposed a series of stringent restrictions and multiple rounds of citywide mass testing for COVID-19 amid a fresh outbreak in the city, prompting criticism of attempts to mimic mainland China's zero-COVID policy in the tourism-dependent city.
- China further streamlines procedures for intl arrivals Global Times 05 Jul 2022 -- After halving the collective quarantine time for international inbound travelers, China made another major adjustment for this group of people by streamlining procedures for those coming to the Chinese mainland. The policy has prompted a huge increase in flights connecting China with other countries, especially the US, and the number of people travelling out of the country. Those policy changes were seen by experts as a sign of China further re-opening its borders to the world.
- China's Anhui reports 52 confirmed, 179 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 05 Jul 2022 -- East China's Anhui Province reported 52 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 179 local asymptomatic carriers on Monday, the provincial health commission said Tuesday.
- France Expects Daily COVID-19 Cases to Surpass 200,000 Sputnik 05 Jul 2022 -- France is expecting the daily COVID-19 tally to surpass the 200,000 cases mark on Tuesday, newly appointed French Minister of Health Francois Braun said.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 198.09 Cr India PIB 05 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 198.09 Cr (1,98,09,87,178) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,58,74,950 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 536 India PIB 05 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 198.19 Crore (1,98,19,70,798) today. More than 8 lakh (8,80,841) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 05 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 05 Jul 2022
- COVID-19 kills 4 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 05 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,408 with 4 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 36,015 new COVID-19 cases, 103 deaths CNA 05 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 36,015 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, all but 101 of which were domestic infections, and 103 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Measures Taken to Defuse Epidemic Crisis in DPRK KCNA 05 Jul 2022 -- The public health sector of the DPRK takes practical measures to completely defuse the epidemic crisis.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 05 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 2 500 fever cases, with over 3 430 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 3 to 18:00 of July 4 throughout the country.
- All-people Anti-epidemic Defence Built in DPRK KCNA 05 Jul 2022 -- Amid the reinforcement of the state unified guidance system for the anti-epidemic work and consolidation of the all-people anti-epidemic defence based on their voluntary unity, the anti-epidemic policies and measures of the Party and the state are strictly executed in the DPRK.
- More stringent COVID-19 measures reintroduced in Fiji amid rising cases People's Daily 05 Jul 2022 -- Fiji has reintroduced more stringent COVID-19 safety measures as the South Pacific island nation has reported an increasing number of COVID-19 cases recently.
- Australian most populous state faces new wave of COVID-19 People's Daily 05 Jul 2022 -- Health authorities of the Australian state of New South Wales (NSW) warned on Tuesday that the state is facing a new wave of COVID-19, urging the public to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|