01 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Men Sentenced to Federal Prison for Conspiring to Provide Material Support to Terrorists US Dept. of Justice 01 Jul 2022 -- Two men were sentenced today for conspiring to provide material support to the designated foreign terrorist organization Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham/Syria (ISIS).
- Ninth Meeting of the Law Enforcement Coordination Group Focused on Countering Hizballah's Terrorist Activities US Dept. of State 01 Jul 2022 -- The Law Enforcement Coordination Group (LECG) focused on countering Hizballah's terrorist and illicit activities convened in Europe on June 29-30 for its ninth meeting. More than 30 governments - from the Middle East, South America, Central America, Europe, Africa, Indo-Pacific, and North America - participated in this session, along with Europol.
- Number of Confirmed Monkeypox Cases in Austria Almost Twice in One Week Sputnik 01 Jul 2022 -- The number of confirmed cases of monkeypox in Austria has almost doubled, reaching 37 cases compared to 20 cases that were registered last week, the Austrian health ministry said on Friday.
- Spread of monkeypox in Africa shows "worrying sign": WHO regional director People's Daily 01 Jul 2022 -- With three African countries with no previous history of human monkeypox transmission reporting cases, the geographic spread of the virus on the African continent is a "worrying sign", warned Thursday Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization (WHO) regional Director for Africa.
- Canada confirms 278 cases of monkeypox People's Daily 01 Jul 2022 -- Canada's Chief Public Health Officer Theresa Tam on Thursday confirmed a total of 278 cases of monkeypox in the country as of June 29.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Reserve component Soldiers must now be vaccinated to participate in training, drill US Army 01 Jul 2022 -- Maintaining readiness continues to be among the U.S. Army's highest priorities. We are fully committed to ensuring all Soldiers are vaccinated against COVID-19, as directed by the Secretary of Defense in August 2021. Beginning July 1, 2022, members of the Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve who have refused the lawful DOD COVID-19 vaccination order without an approved or pending exemption may not participate in federally funded drills and training and will not receive pay or retirement credit.
- Army Reserve announces COVID-19 vaccination statistics Army News 01 Jul 2022 -- The U.S. Army Reserve announced today that they will begin additional administrative proceedings against Soldiers who refused the COVID-19 vaccination order and do not have an approved or pending exemption request.
- NY National Guard Wraps up Federally Funded COVID-19 Mission Army News 01 Jul 2022 -- More than 840 days after the first Soldiers and Airmen went on duty to stem an outbreak of the COVID-19 virus in New Rochelle, the New York National Guard's federally supported COVID-19 mission came to an end June 30.
- U.S. COVID-19 funding stalled as White House predicts fall tsunami of infection: Fortune People's Daily 01 Jul 2022 -- Two and a half years into the pandemic, the United States is still at war with COVID-19 and the enemy remains daunting, while COVID-19 funding remains stalled in Congress, reported Fortune on Wednesday, quoting Anthony Fauci, chief medical adviser to the U.S. president.
- Hong Kong keeps tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 01 Jul 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Friday that it will distribute around 280,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Chinese mainland reports 12 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Thursday reported 12 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, nine of which were in Anhui Province, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Europe Witnessing Another Wave of COVID-19 Cases Sputnik 01 Jul 2022 -- European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety Stella Kyriakides said on Friday that the European Union is experiencing another surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Russia Ends All Public Anti-COVID Restrictions RFE/RL 01 Jul 2022 -- Russian officials have announced the end of all anti-COVID restrictions on the public, including mask requirements.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 197.74 Cr India PIB 01 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 197.74 Cr (1,97,74,71,041) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,57,61,312 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 532 India PIB 01 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 197.83 Crore (1,97,83,76,337) today. More than 8 lakh (8,07,052) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 01 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 01 Jul 2022
- COVID-19 kills one more Iranian over past 24 hours IRNA 01 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,390 with one more Iranian killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 35,800 new COVID-19 cases, 121 deaths CNA 01 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 35,800 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, with all but 101 being domestic infections, and 121 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan records low excess mortality rate during COVID-19 pandemic CNA 01 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan has recorded the world's second lowest excess mortality rate -- a way to evaluate the efficacy of disease control -- during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Friday, citing British newspaper The Economist.
- Anti-Epidemic Policies Thoroughly Implemented in DPRK KCNA 01 Jul 2022 -- North Hamgyong Province of the DPRK wages a dynamic campaign for perfectly implementing the state's anti-epidemic policies.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 01 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 4 570 fever cases, with over 5 690 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 29 to 18:00 of June 30 throughout the country.
- Route of COVID-19 Inroads Verified in DPRK KCNA 01 Jul 2022 -- The State Emergency Epidemic Prevention Headquarters in the DPRK on Thursday declared its finding on the route of inroads of the malignant COVID-19 virus, which has rapidly spread in the DPRK since late April.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|