28 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Trump Knew of Weapons in January 6 Crowds, Urged March on Capitol Anyway, Former Aide Says Sputnik 28 Jun 2022 -- Former President Donald Trump knew about the presence of armed individuals in crowds gathered in Washington on January 6, 2021, but urged them to march on the US Capitol anyway, Cassidy Hutchinson, former aide to Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, said during congressional testimony on Tuesday.
- Former White House Aide: Trump Angry, Volatile as 2020 Defeat Became Obvious VOA 28 Jun 2022 -- Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson told U.S. lawmakers Tuesday that then-President Donald Trump became increasingly angry and volatile about his 2020 reelection loss, testifying that he agreed with rioters at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 last year when they called for the hanging of then-Vice President Mike Pence for refusing to block the election outcome.
- As Key French Terror Trial Ends, Europe Faces New Security Landscape VOA 28 Jun 2022 -- One of France's most high-profile trials in history wraps up this week amid a sharply changing security landscape across Europe, where the war in Ukraine and far-right violence have reshaped threat perceptions once dominated by Islamist extremism.
- FACT SHEET: Biden-‚Ā†Harris Administration's Monkeypox Outbreak Response The White House 28 Jun 2022
- European Health Union: Start of delivery of vaccines in response to the monkeypox outbreak European Commission 28 Jun 2022 -- Today, the delivery of the first vaccine doses purchased by the European Commission's Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Authority (HERA) in response to the current monkeypox outbreak is starting, with an initial 5,300 doses arriving in Spain, out of the total 109,090 doses procured.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - June 28, 2022 US Air Force 28 Jun 2022 -- Below are current coronavirus disease 2019 statistics for Department of the Air Force personnel. Due to the 4th of July holiday, the next update will be published July 12.
- U.S. reports nearly 330,000 child COVID-19 cases in past 4 weeks People's Daily 28 Jun 2022 -- Nearly 330,000 child COVID-19 cases had been reported in the United States in the past four weeks, according to the latest report published Monday by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Children's Hospital Association.
- Beijing, Shanghai walk out of Omicron shadow as no new infections found Global Times 28 Jun 2022 -- The tale of two cities in China - Beijing and Shanghai - sees final curtain come down on the latest epidemic fight as the two metropolises emerge from the month-long Omicron shadow, with both registering zero new infections on Monday, authorities announced on Tuesday.
- China's new COVID-19 protocol cuts isolation length for inbound travelers People's Daily 28 Jun 2022 -- Under China's newly-updated COVID-19 control protocol, close contacts and inbound travelers will be under medical observation in isolation at designated sites for seven days plus three days of in-home health monitoring.
- Total of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland hits 3.4 bln People's Daily 28 Jun 2022 -- The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses so far administered on the Chinese mainland hit 3.4 billion on Monday, data from the National Health Commission showed Tuesday.
- China Cuts Quarantine Time for Foreign Visitors in First Change Since March 2020 Sputnik 28 Jun 2022 -- China's National Health Commission announced on Tuesday that the COVID-19 safety rules for new arrivals in the country would change for the first time since the start of the pandemic in early 2020. The change comes as China has for several months been battling its largest-ever outbreak of the virus.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new local confirmed COVID-19 case People's Daily 28 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Monday reported one locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 case in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Hong Kong keeps tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 28 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Monday that it will distribute around 205,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Beijing's primary, middle schools reopen as COVID-19 wanes People's Daily 28 Jun 2022 -- Beijing's primary and middle school students returned to campus on Monday after over 50 days of remote education due to a local COVID-19 resurgence.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 197.31 Cr India PIB 28 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 197.31 Cr (1,97,31,43,196) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,56,30,111 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 529 India PIB 28 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 197.44 Crore (1,97,44,90,295) today. More than 11 lakh (11,79,301) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 28 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 28 Jun 2022
- Centre calls upon States reporting surge in COVID cases to step up vigil; advises Caution, Alertness India PIB 28 Jun 2022 -- The Centre has advised caution and continuous alertness to States reporting a surge in COVID cases during the past few weeks, and to step up vigil against COVID. Shri Rajesh Bhushan, Union Health Secretary reviewed the status of COVID situation through a video conference (VC) with 14 such States that are reporting high number of cases on a week-to-week basis along with increased case positivity combined with low numbers of COVID tests and below average COVID vaccination. Dr Vinod Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog was also present at the review meeting.
- Iran registers zero COVID-19 deaths in 24 hours IRNA 28 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran stayed unchanged at 141,386 with another zero death day over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 44,428 new COVID-19 cases, 103 deaths CNA 28 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 44,428 new cases of COVID-19, all but 49 of which were domestically transmitted, and 103 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Efforts Paid to Preventing Natural Disaster in DPRK KCNA 28 Jun 2022 -- Different economic sectors of the DPRK are concentrating their efforts on the prevention of natural disasters.
- High Responsibility Maintained in Anti-Epidemic Campaign KCNA 28 Jun 2022 -- The public health sector of the DPRK steadily intensifies the medical check-up and health education among the people in keeping with the maximum emergency anti-epidemic system.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 28 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 6 710 fever cases, with over 8 170 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 26 to 18:00 of June 27 throughout the country.
- Efforts Directed to Ensuring Stability of Anti-epidemic Environment KCNA 28 Jun 2022 -- All the fields and units of the DPRK are taking every possible measure for ensuring the stability of the anti-epidemic environment to the maximum while holding fast to all the anti-epidemic policies and guidelines of the Party and the state.
- Vietnamese citizens question legality of COVID letter of accountability Radio Free Asia 28 Jun 2022 -- A Vietnamese government ruling that people who refuse a COVID vaccine booster need to write a letter of accountability has received either a negative response or 'no comment' from people contacted by RFA.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|