24 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Guantanamo Bay Detainee Transfer Announced DoD 24 Jun 2022 -- The Department of Defense announced today the transfer of Asadullah Haroon al-Afghani also known as "Gul" from the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay to facilitate his repatriation to Afghanistan, his native country.
- U.S. Releases Afghan Detainee From Guantanamo Bay Prison RFE/RL Gandhara 24 Jun 2022 -- U.S. authorities have released one of the last remaining Afghan detainees held inside the Guantanamo Bay detention center on the island of Cuba.
- Taliban: US Frees One of Last Two Afghans from Guantanamo VOA 24 Jun 2022 -- Afghanistan's Taliban announced Friday that the United States had freed one of the last two Afghans from the U.S. military detention facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, after 15 years.
- Afghan national freed from Guantanamo Bay after 15 years Press TV 24 Jun 2022 -- The United States has released Assadullah Haroon Gul, an Afghan national held in the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay for fifteen years.
- US Transfers Guantanamo Detainee Back to Afghanistan Sputnik 24 Jun 2022 -- The US government has transferred an Afghan detainee from the Guantanamo Bay detention facility to Afghanistan, the Department of Defense said in a statement on Friday.
- UK cyber support will help the Commonwealth stand up to malign regimes UK FCDO 24 Jun 2022 -- The Foreign Secretary will today announce a Â£15 million package to support Commonwealth countries to defend themselves from cyber-attacks.
- Witnesses Detail Trump Bid to Pressure Justice Department VOA 24 Jun 2022 -- The congressional panel investigating the 2021 riot at the U.S. Capitol heard testimony Thursday that former President Donald Trump pushed Justice Department officials to investigate voter fraud allegations even though he had been assured there were no widespread irregularities that would upend his reelection defeat.
- Taiwan reports first monkeypox case CNA 24 Jun 2022 -- A man who recently returned from Germany has been diagnosed with monkeypox, in the first confirmed case of the viral disease in Taiwan, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) said Friday.
- WHO considers declaring monkeypox 'emergency of international concern' as Asia reports more imported cases Global Times 24 Jun 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) is considering whether to declare the outbreak of monkeypox a "public health emergency of international concern," the highest level of global alert. This comes as the disease has not only affected countries in West and Central Africa, but also has spread to the rest of the world.
- U.S. expands monkeypox testing capacity amid rising cases People's Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- The U.S. administration has announced expanding monkeypox testing capacity in order to cope with rising infection cases.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Army announces updated COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 24 Jun 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests as of June 23, 2022.
- Hong Kong to distribute 190,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Friday that it will distribute around 190,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Chinese mainland reports 18 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Thursday reported 18 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 14 in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region and two in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Entertainment venues closed, dine-in services banned in Macao after Omicron cases surge to 110 Global Times 24 Jun 2022 -- Entertainment venues were ordered to close and dine-in services at restaurants were banned from Thursday afternoon in the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) after the city's COVID-19 infections increased to 110 in the latest flare-up. The chief executive of the Macao SAR assured the public that the outbreak would be curbed soon.
- NE China's Liaoning orders border city Dandong to abandon one-size-fits-all COVID-19 epidemic control measures, ensure residents' medical need after controversial attacking police case Global Times 24 Jun 2022 -- The government of Northeast China's Liaoning Province held a video conference on Thursday night over the anti-epidemic work in the border city of Dandong amid the controversial case of an old man who attacked a police officer which led to heated discussions on Chinese social media over one-size-fits-all anti-epidemic policies.
- Shanghai reports 2 confirmed local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported two locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and one local asymptomatic carrier on Thursday, the municipal health commission said Friday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 196.77 Cr India PIB 24 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 196.77 Cr (1,96,77,33,217) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,54,91,739 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 525 India PIB 24 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 196.92 Crore (1,96,92,56,476) today. More than 13 lakh (13,90,325) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 24 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 24 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 2 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 24 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,379 with two more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 45,767 new COVID-19 cases, 152 deaths CNA 24 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 45,767 new COVID-19 cases Friday, all but 89 of which were domestically transmitted, and 152 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Education, Public Health Sectors in DPRK Strive to Implement Party Decisions KCNA 24 Jun 2022 -- The education and public health sectors of the DPRK intensify their campaign for implementing the decisions made at the 5th Plenary Meeting of the 8th Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 24 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 11 010 fever cases, with over 13 890 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 22 to 18:00 of June 23 throughout the country.
- Material and Technical Foundations of Anti-epidemic and Public Health Sectors Improved in DPRK KCNA 24 Jun 2022 -- The work for consolidating the material and technical foundations of the anti-epidemic and public health sectors is propelled in every way across the DPRK.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|