23 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Federal Agents Reportedly Raid Home of Ex-Trump Justice Department Official Jeffrey Clark Sputnik 23 Jun 2022 -- Federal agents this week raided the home Jeffrey Clark, an official at the Justice Department during the Trump administration, ABC News reported on Thursday.
- Cyberspace: EU and partners discuss ways to strengthen cooperation in promoting international security and stability European External Action Service (EEAS) 23 Jun 2022 -- On 22 and 23 June 2022, the European External Action Service (EEAS), in cooperation with the EU Cyber Diplomacy Initiative - EU Cyber Direct, hosted a meeting with Member States and international partners on policy responses and cooperative efforts to prevent, discourage, deter and respond to significant malicious cyber activities. The meeting included a scenario-based discussion focusing on coordinated responses to significant cyber incidents taking place in different states. The discussion also focused on enhancing preparedness, consideration of relevant crisis response mechanisms, and strengthening our ability to coordinate appropriate responses to the increasing cyber threat landscape.
- South Africa Detects First Monkeypox Case Sputnik 23 Jun 2022 -- The first monkeypox case has been detected in South Africa in the Gauteng Province, the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) said on Thursday.
- Confirmed Monkeypox Cases Rise to 156 in US Sputnik 23 Jun 2022 -- The United States has detected 156 cases of monkeypox so far, with the highest incidence of infections reported in the states of New York and California, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said.
- Monkeypox: Amid uncertainty, global situation 'cannot be ignored' says WHO chief UN News 23 Jun 2022 -- Addressing the first meeting of the World Health Organization's Emergency Committee on Thursday over the global Monkeypox outbreak, the WHO chief told members that person-to-person transmission was ongoing, and "likely underestimated".
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 23 Jun 2022
- 'Dynamic and scientific': Shenzhen tightens regular testing request amid sporadic infections while epidemic-free cities slow down regular screening Global Times 23 Jun 2022 -- After more than a month of clearance of infections in Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong Province, the city has reported sporadic local COVID-19 cases in recent days. In light of this, Shenzhen has tightened its anti-epidemic measures by requesting its residents to show negative nucleic acid testing results obtained within 48 hours or proof of testing records within 24 hours when using public transportation or entering public enclosed areas starting from Friday.
- Regular testing slows down as cities across China cancel or reduce frequency of nucleic acid testing amid improved epidemic situation Global Times 23 Jun 2022 -- The rush to regular testing has slowed down, less than two months after the construction of 15-minute distance nucleic acid testing services began in big cities across the country.
- Macao's COVID-19 cases continue to rise, indoor entertainment venues closed People's Daily 23 Jun 2022 -- China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) on Thursday reported 39 new COVID-19 infections, bringing the total number of infections since Sunday to 110, according to the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center of Macao.
- Beijing reports 2 new local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 23 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported two new locally-transmitted COVID-19 infections in Dongcheng District during the first 15 hours of Thursday, local authorities said.
- Chinese mainland reports 13 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 23 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Wednesday reported 13 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including nine in Shanghai, three in Beijing, and one in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Shanghai restaurants offer secret dining, 'hire' customers for the night Radio Free Asia 23 Jun 2022 -- Restaurants in Shanghai are offering secret lights-out dining and fake recruitment drives in a bid to get around the city's stringent COVID-19 restrictions, RFA has learned.
- Shanghai reports 9 confirmed local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 23 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported nine confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and zero local asymptomatic case on Wednesday, the municipal health commission said Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 196.62 Cr India PIB 23 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 196.62 Cr (1,96,62,11,973) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,54,44,218 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 524 India PIB 23 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 196.75 Crore (1,96,75,59,671) today. More than 11 lakh (11,98,992) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 23 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 23 Jun 2022
- Pakistan reports 268 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 23 Jun 2022 -- Pakistan recorded 268 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, the ministry of health said on Thursday.
- COVID-19 kills 4 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 23 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,377 with four more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 48,356 new COVID-19 cases, 166 deaths CNA 23 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 48,356 new COVID-19 cases Thursday, all but 73 of which were domestically transmitted, and 166 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Scientific Accuracy and Technical Progress of Medical Service Promoted in DPRK KCNA 23 Jun 2022 -- Today's emergency anti-epidemic campaign in the DPRK serves as a key opportunity to accurately examine all important factors of overall medical service, and more scientifically and progressively develop health service.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 23 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 13 100 fever cases, with over 16 480 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 21 to 18:00 of June 22 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|