20 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Capitol Riot Panel to Hear How Trump Tried to Thwart Biden Victory VOA 20 Jun 2022 -- The congressional investigation of last year's Capitol riot will focus Tuesday on former President Donald Trump's alleged efforts to get bogus electors appointed and vote totals changed in states he lost.
- EU fight against terrorism: one group and three individuals added to the EU sanctions list over terrorism EC/CEU 20 Jun 2022 -- The Council today decided to add one group and three individuals linked to Al-Qaeda and operating in the Sahel region to the list of those subject to restrictive measures against ISIL (Da'esh) and Al-Qaeda and persons, groups, undertakings and entities associated with them.
- OSCE seminar marks a decade of comprehensive efforts to prevent and counter violent extremism OSCE 20 Jun 2022 -- The OSCE Transnational Threats Department's Action against Terrorism Unit (TNTD/ATU) marked a decade of efforts to prevent and counter violent extremism on 20 June 2022 in an anniversary Seminar held in Vienna.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Cities recovering as dynamic zero-COVID approach mitigates virus impact People's Daily 20 Jun 2022 -- Life and work are getting back to normal in China, as it has brought the COVID-19 virus transmission under control after battling the latest flare-ups in cities including the political and economic hubs of Beijing and Shanghai over the past months.
- Chinese mainland reports 14 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 20 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Sunday reported 14 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 10 in Shanghai and four in Beijing, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Beijing resumes normal operation of all subway stations People's Daily 20 Jun 2022 -- All metro stations in Beijing that were closed due to epidemic prevention and control resumed operation on Sunday, according to the municipal transport commission.
- Beijing screens out one COVID-19 case from community People's Daily 20 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported one locally transmitted COVID-19 case from community screening as of 5 p.m. Sunday, the municipal government told a press conference.
- Shanghai reports one asymptomatic COVID-19 case from community People's Daily 20 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai reported one locally transmitted asymptomatic COVID-19 case from community screening on Sunday, the municipal government told a press conference.
- Hong Kong keeps tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 20 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Sunday that it will distribute around 180,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Macao closes public venues after detecting 31 local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 20 Jun 2022 -- China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) reported 31 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Sunday, according to the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center of Macao.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 196.18 Cr India PIB 20 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 196.18 Cr (1,96,18,66,707) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,53,18,438 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 521 India PIB 20 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 196.30 Crore (1,96,30,25,832) today. More than 11 lakh (11,31,327) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 20 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 20 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 3 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 20 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,366 with three more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports 35,632 new COVID-19 cases, 144 deaths CNA 20 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 35,632 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, the lowest number recorded in over 40 days, and 144 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 17 new cases of BA.4, BA.5 subvariants CNA 20 Jun 2022 -- Seventeen recent arrivals to Taiwan have been determined to be infected with the Omicron subvariants BA.4 or BA.5, Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) reported Monday.
- Taiwan in talks to buy Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines for kids under 5 CNA 20 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Monday that it was negotiating a deal to purchase Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine for kids under 5, as it received a new batch of the vaccine for children aged 5-11.
- Medical Observation and Treatment Intensified in DPRK KCNA 20 Jun 2022 -- In response to the decisions of the 5th Plenary Meeting of the 8th Party Central Committee, officials of the emergency anti-epidemic organs throughout the DPRK continue to direct all their energies to intensifying the medical observation and treatment.
- North Korean marketplaces go from bustling to empty during pandemic Radio Free Asia 20 Jun 2022 -- Commerce in North Korea's once bustling marketplaces has slowed to a trickle thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, raising questions about the long-term prospects for Kim Jong Un's experimental effort to give citizens a bit more economic freedom.
- Efforts Focused on Restoring Anti-epidemic Stability in DPRK KCNA 20 Jun 2022 -- A scientific and realistic plan for quickly restoring the anti-epidemic stability has been mapped out and the work for carrying out it is briskly underway nationwide.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 20 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 18 820 fevered cases, with over 21 060 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 18 to 18:00 of June 19 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|