16 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Trump Repeatedly Implored Pence to Upend 2020 Election Outcome, Witnesses Testify VOA 16 Jun 2022 -- The panel of House lawmakers investigating the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol last year heard testimony Thursday that former President Donald Trump repeatedly pressured then-Vice President Mike Pence to thwart Congress from certifying that Democrat Joe Biden won the 2020 presidential election.
- Man Pleads Guilty to Threatening Election Official US Dept. of Justice 16 Jun 2022 -- A Nebraska man pleaded guilty today to making multiple threatening posts on an Instagram page associated with an election official.
- United States and EU Foster Cooperation Against Ransomware Attacks US Dept. of Justice 16 Jun 2022 -- Ransomware has become a global problem that requires cooperation on a worldwide level. Judicial experts and practitioners from the United States and the European Union participated in a two-day workshop in The Hague organized by the U.S. Department of Justice and Eurojust. The event aimed to share best practices and enhance collaboration in confronting ransomware attacks.
- Alleged Gangster Disciples Members Indicted for Murder, Federal Racketeering Charges US Dept. of Justice 16 Jun 2022 -- A federal grand jury in the Middle District of Georgia returned an indictment yesterday charging five alleged members of the Gangster Disciples with murder and racketeering related to the alleged murder of three people, as well as various other offenses including drug trafficking and obstruction of justice.
- WHO calls for "genuine, unselfish" collaboration against monkeypox People's Daily 16 Jun 2022 -- Governments, health partners and civil society need to act together with urgency to keep monkeypox at bay in the European region, Hans Kluge, the World Health Organization's (WHO) regional director for Europe, said here on Wednesday.
- Monkeypox infections continue to rise in U.S. amid concern for overlooking People's Daily 16 Jun 2022 -- Monkeypox cases in the United States have continued to climb, reaching 72 as of Tuesday, according to the latest data of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Chinese mainland reports 42 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 16 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 42 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 14 in Beijing, 13 in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, and nine in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Beijing reports 14 confirmed, 4 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 16 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported 14 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and four local asymptomatic cases on Wednesday, the municipal health commission said Thursday.
- Shanghai reports 9 confirmed, 7 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 16 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported nine confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and seven local asymptomatic cases on Wednesday, the municipal health commission said Thursday.
- Hong Kong to distribute about 200,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 16 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Wednesday that it will distribute around 200,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Beijing reports seven new local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 16 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported seven new locally-transmitted COVID-19 infections during the first 15 hours of Wednesday, said local authorities.
- Shanghai reports 2 local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 16 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai reported two locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases from midnight to 5 p.m. Wednesday, the municipal health commission said at a press conference.
- Shanghai's last temporary COVID-19 hospital closes People's Daily 16 Jun 2022 -- The last temporary hospital for COVID-19 patients in Shanghai during the latest resurgence of infections closed down Wednesday.
- Strict use of health code urged as homebuyers suspectedly given red codes after complaints against unfinished residential project Global Times 16 Jun 2022 -- A number of homebuyers of a residential project under construction in Zhengzhou, Central China's Henan Province, told media on Wednesday that their health codes had turned red for no apparent reason after they reported problems with their properties to the authorities.
- Disinformation: Commission welcomes the new stronger and more comprehensive Code of Practice on disinformation European Commission 16 Jun 2022 -- Today, Commission welcomes the publication of the strengthened Code of Practice on Disinformation. The 34 signatories, such as platforms, tech companies and civil society followed the 2021 Commission Guidance and took into account the lessons learnt from the COVID19 crisis and Russia's war of aggression in Ukraine.
- Questions and Answers: Strengthened Code of Practice on disinformation European Commission 16 Jun 2022 -- Since the first Code was published in 2018, the often complex and sophisticated phenomenon of disinformation has continued to evolve rapidly, particularly in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and the war in Ukraine.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 195.67 Cr India PIB 16 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 195.67 Cr (1,95,67,37,014) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,51,69,966 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 517 India PIB 16 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 195.81 Crore (195,81,81,838) landmark milestone today. More than 13 lakh (13,21,282) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 16 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 16 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 3 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 16 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran reached 141,360 with 3 more Iranian killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 63,221 new COVID-19 cases, 168 deaths CNA 16 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 63,221 new COVID-19 infections, including 51 that originated overseas, and 168 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 16 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 26 010 fevered cases, with over 32 090 recoveries and one death, were reported from 18:00 of June 14 to 18:00 of June 15 throughout the country.
- Work to Provide Reliable Anti-epidemic Environment Propelled KCNA 16 Jun 2022 -- Now that the spread of the epidemic has been curbed and controlled and the stability restored on a nationwide scale, the DPRK strives to provide its people with reliable anti-epidemic environment.
- General Secretary Kim Jong Un Sends Home-prepared Medicines to Haeju City Committee of WPK KCNA 16 Jun 2022 -- The respected General Secretary Kim Jong Un sent medicines prepared by his family to the Haeju City, South Hwanghae Province, Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) on June 15 as regards the outbreak of an acute enteric epidemic in Haeju City of South Hwanghae Province.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|