15 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Witnesses to Testify How Trump Implored Pence to Upend 2020 Election VOA 15 Jun 2022 -- The panel of lawmakers investigating the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol last year is set Thursday to hear testimony about how former President Donald Trump pressured then-Vice President Mike Pence to thwart Congress from certifying that Democrat Joe Biden had won the presidency.
- U.S. Sanctions Members of Russian Violent Extremist Group US Treasury 15 Jun 2022 -- Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is designating two key supporters of the ethnically motivated violent extremist group known as the Russian Imperial Movement (RIM) pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 13224, as amended. RIM was previously designated by the U.S. Department of State as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) organization on April 7, 2020 for having provided training for acts of terrorism. Concurrent with OFAC's action today, the U.S. Department of State also designated an individual for posing a significant risk of committing acts of terrorism.
- Designation of Anton Thulin as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist US Dept. of State 15 Jun 2022 -- The U.S. government remains deeply concerned about the evolving racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist (REMVE) threat worldwide.
- China issues monkeypox guidance as WHO considers declaring 'emergency of international concern' Global Times 15 Jun 2022 -- China's health authorities on Wednesday issued monkeypox diagnosis and treatment guidelines via official social media accounts as cases have been reported across nearly 30 non-endemic countries and regions since May, with experts calling for monitoring the potential risk of the virus being imported into China.
- WHO to decide whether monkeypox represents public health emergency People's Daily 15 Jun 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday that it will convene a meeting next week to assess whether the current monkeypox outbreak outside of the traditional endemic areas in Africa has already turned into a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC).
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 15 Jun 2022
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken At the COVID-19 Global Action Plan Meeting US Dept. of State 15 Jun 2022
- Henan rural bank customers curbed by COVID-19 app as they protest frozen accounts Radio Free Asia 15 Jun 2022 -- Authorities in the central Chinese province of Henan have been using the COVID-19 Health Code app to control the movements of protesters over failures at rural banks, according to social media posts.
- Reports: Chinese Authorities Using COVID-Tracking App to Thwart Protesters VOA 15 Jun 2022 -- During the early months of the pandemic, the Chinese government developed a color-coded smartphone app to track the movement of people in its effort to control the spread of COVID-19 and implement its zero-COVID policy.
- Last downtown COVID-19 makeshift hospital in Shanghai closes People's Daily 15 Jun 2022 -- The makeshift hospital will be shut down on Wednesday, leaving the Fuxing Pavilion at the China Flower Expo in Chongming District as the last operating COVID-19 makeshift hospital.
- Beijing reports 25 confirmed, 38 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported 25 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 38 local asymptomatic cases on Tuesday, the municipal health commission said Wednesday.
- Shanghai reports 13 confirmed, 2 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 13 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and two local asymptomatic cases on Tuesday, the municipal health commission said Wednesday.
- Shanghai reports 3 local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 15 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai reported two locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and one local asymptomatic carrier from midnight to 5 p.m. Tuesday, the municipal health commission said at a press conference.
- Beijing reports 30 new local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 15 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported 30 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases during the first 15 hours of Tuesday, according to local authorities.
- Hong Kong keeps tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 15 Jun 2022 -- The government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) said Tuesday that the COVID-19 virus continues to be detected in sewage samples from different areas in Hong Kong, indicating that there may be hidden cases in these areas.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 195.50 Cr India PIB 15 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 195.50 Cr (1,95,50,87,271) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,51,27,455 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 516 India PIB 15 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 195.65 Crore (195,65,13,732) landmark milestone today. More than 13 lakh (13,17,558) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 15 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 15 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 4 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 15 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran reached 141,357 with 4 more Iranian killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Mainland customs to increase nucleic acid testing on imported cold-chain products and packages from Taiwan Global Times 15 Jun 2022 -- Chinese mainland customs will increase nucleic acid testing for traces of coronavirus on imported cold-chain products and packages from Taiwan, Ma Xiaoguang, spokesperson from the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council said on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 68,965 new COVID-19 cases, 143 deaths CNA 15 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 68,965 new COVID-19 cases -- all but 26 domestically transmitted -- and 143 deaths from the disease on Wednesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 26 cases infected with BA.4, BA.5 subvariants CNA 15 Jun 2022 -- The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) reported Wednesday that 26 travelers to Taiwan have been determined through genome sequencing to be infected with the Omicron subvariants BA.4 or BA.5, bringing the total number of such cases to 31.
- Starvation becomes a side effect of North Korea's struggle to contain COVID Radio Free Asia 15 Jun 2022 -- The increase of COVID-19 cases in North Korea is creating knock-on hardships for the families of patients, as the loss of income from quarantine restrictions has left some without enough money to feed themselves.
- North Korea COVID-19 Vaccination Plan Facing Challenges VOA 15 Jun 2022 -- As North Korea faces a rising number of COVID-19 cases, simply having vaccines may be insufficient to roll out a countrywide immunization process that experts say needs to be accompanied by adequate cold storage units and trained medical and technical staff that the nation lacks.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 15 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 29 910 fevered cases, with over 35 380 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 13 to 18:00 of June 14 throughout the country.
- Officials Take Lead in Anti-epidemic Campaign in DPRK KCNA 15 Jun 2022 -- Officials are fully displaying their command and executive abilities in the work for intensifying the whole party and nationwide anti-epidemic campaign for completely defusing the current health crisis and returning everything to normal stream.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|