14 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- January 6 Committee Postpones Wednesday Hearing VOA 14 Jun 2022 -- The House of Representatives panel investigating last year's January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol says it has postponed Wednesday's planned hearing.
- HERA secures vaccines for EU Member states in response to the monkeypox outbreaks European Commission 14 Jun 2022 -- Today, HERA, the European Commission's Health Preparedness and Response Authority, concluded a contract with the company Bavarian Nordic to purchase 109 090 doses of their 3rd generation vaccines in response to the current monkeypox outbreaks. As the number of cases continues to grow, this agreement will make vaccines rapidly available to all EU Member States, Norway and Iceland.
- WHO to determine if Monkeypox should be declared 'Emergency of International Concern'; rights expert warns of COVID 'vaccine apartheid' UN News 14 Jun 2022 -- The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) announced on Tuesday that the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee has been convened due to the spread of the Monkeypox virus to 32 non-endemic countries.
- Federal Chancellor meets the Financial Action Task Force - Combating money laundering and terrorist financing Germany - Federal Government 14 Jun 2022 -- Federal Chancellor Olaf Scholz addressed the plenary of the Financial Action Task Force on Tuesday. The fight against money laundering and terrorist financing "starts at home, at the national level", he said. The plenary is taking place in Berlin until 17 June.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - June 14, 2022 US Air Force 14 Jun 2022 -- Below are current coronavirus disease 2019 statistics for Department of the Air Force personnel. Due to the Juneteenth holiday, the next update will be published June 28.
- COVID-19 wave might be start of "new normal" in U.S.: CNBC People's Daily 14 Jun 2022 -- Many experts say they are unable to predict the trajectory of the current COVID-19 wave in the United States, though the cases have steadily increased nationwide since the end of March and hospitalization and death rates remain low, reported CNBC on Saturday.
- U.S. reports about 88,000 weekly child COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jun 2022 -- About 88,000 child COVID-19 cases were reported across the United States in the week ending June 9, according to a report released on Monday by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Children's Hospital Association.
- Beijing authorities file criminal case against owner of Heaven Supermarket, revoke bar's license Global Times 14 Jun 2022 -- Beijing authorities have filed a criminal case against the owner of Heaven Supermarket Bar, which becomes the epicenter of a new wave of outbreaks in the capital, for impeding the prevention of infectious diseases. The license of the bar was also revoked, and it was listed as seriously breaching the law and conducting dishonest acts.
- Lam vows every effort in epidemic control to create favorable condition for central govt leaders' visit to HK Global Times 14 Jun 2022 -- In her last Executive Council meeting on Tuesday, Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) Carrie Lam vowed to make every effort to control the local epidemic and create favorable conditions for leaders from the central government to visit, ahead of the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong's return to the motherland.
- Beijing investigates bar over COVID-19 cluster People's Daily 14 Jun 2022 -- An investigation team was formed by relevant departments in Beijing to look into a bar in the wake of a cluster outbreak of COVID-19, local authorities said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 60 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Monday reported 60 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 42 in Beijing, 15 in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region and three in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Beijing reports 42 confirmed, 32 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported 42 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 32 local asymptomatic cases on Monday, the municipal health commission said Tuesday.
- Shanghai reports 3 confirmed, 14 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported three confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 14 local asymptomatic cases on Monday, the municipal health commission said Tuesday.
- Beijing reports 45 new local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 14 Jun 2022 -- Beijing has reported 45 confirmed COVID-19 cases that were locally transmitted from midnight Sunday to 3 p.m. Monday, the municipal health commission told a press conference.
- Shanghai reports one asymptomatic local COVID-19 case People's Daily 14 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai reported one local asymptomatic carrier from midnight to 5 p.m. Monday, the municipal health commission said at a press conference.
- Hong Kong keeps tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 14 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Monday that the COVID-19 virus continues to be detected in sewage samples from different areas in Hong Kong, indicating that there may be hidden cases in these areas.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 195.35 Cr India PIB 14 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 195.35 Cr (1,95,35,70,360) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,50,79,283 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 515 India PIB 14 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 195.48 Crore (195,48,59,654) landmark milestone today. More than 11 lakh (11,64,764) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 14 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 14 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills one Iranian over past 24 hours IRNA 14 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran reached 141,353 with 1 more Iranian killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 66,189 new COVID-19 cases; total passes 3 million CNA 14 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 66,189 new COVID-19 infections, taking the total number past 3 million, and as well as 123 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: June 14 CNA 14 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 66,189 new COVID-19 infections, taking the total number past 3 million, as well as 123 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 14 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 32 810 fevered cases, with over 40 260 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 12 to 18:00 of June 13 throughout the country.
- Practical Step for Advanced Anti-epidemic Capability Taken in DPRK KCNA 14 Jun 2022 -- A vigorous work for introducing advanced and scientific anti-epidemic capability was launched in the DPRK to durably protect the people's health and safety even in a sudden crisis.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|