12 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Much More Evidence to Come in US Capitol Riot Probe, Lawmakers Say VOA 12 Jun 2022 -- Lawmakers on the panel investigating the January 6 riot at the U.S Capitol last year said Sunday much more evidence will emerge in upcoming hearings that former President Donald Trump knew he had lost his bid for reelection and yet fomented the mayhem by telling supporters he had been cheated out of another four-year term.
- Most of Britain's Monkeypox cases are in London, as case numbers reach 366 People's Daily 12 Jun 2022 -- An expert virologist reinforced the need to avoid intimate contact Saturday as the number of Monkeypox cases in Britain reached 366.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Could China's zero-COVID policy spur a mass protest movement? Radio Free Asia 12 Jun 2022 -- As the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) continues with large-scale and long-term lockdowns on major cities, mass incarceration in quarantine camps and on university and college campuses, coupled with blanket digital surveillance and control over people's movements, some signs of mass discontent have begun to emerge.
- Beijing's latest bar-related COVID-19 flare-up 'more difficult to contain' than 2020 Xinfadi market outbreak Global Times 12 Jun 2022 -- Beijing has once again come under the shadows of an epidemic flare-up only few days after it announced a cautious reopening of public venues. The city saw a strongest cluster infection stemming from a bar in one of its busiest downtown streets with a scale and severity larger than all previous ones, which has resulted in 166 related infections in four days.
- Cluster infections stemming from Beijing's Paradise Supermarket Bar deemed more severe than Xinfadi cluster Global Times 12 Jun 2022 -- The scale and severity of the cluster infections stemming from Paradise Supermarket Bar in Beijing is deemed larger than the worst one involving the Xinfadi wholesale market, authorities said, warning risks of more spillovers as a total of 166 cases are found now.
- Top expert suggests significantly more efficient vaccine for boosters Global Times 12 Jun 2022 -- China's top respiratory disease expert Zhong Nanshan advised on Friday to use a different type of vaccine as a booster following two doses of inactivated vaccines, as using a different vaccine for the booster turned out to be significantly more efficient in the prevention against COVID-19.
- Most Beijing pubs close as bar-related COVID-19 cases continue to increase Global Times 12 Jun 2022 -- The bulk of bars in Beijing were closed again as of Sunday after two days of operation, as the capital strengthened anti-epidemic measures again amid increasing COVID-19 cases related a bar cluster, which spilled over to other districts of the city.
- Chinese mainland reports 122 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 122 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 78 in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, 34 in Beijing and 10 in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Beijing reports 34 confirmed, 31 asymptomatic local COVID cases People's Daily 12 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported 34 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 31 local asymptomatic cases on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- 57 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 12 Jun 2022 -- A total of 57 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Saturday, the National Health Commission said in its Sunday report.
- Shanghai reports 10 confirmed, 19 asymptomatic local COVID cases People's Daily 12 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 10 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 19 local asymptomatic cases on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- Beijing's bar-related COVID-19 infections rise to 115 People's Daily 12 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported 115 infections in a new COVID-19 cluster related to a bar from Thursday to 3 p.m. Saturday, local authorities said.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 195.07 Cr India PIB 12 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 195.07 Cr (1,95,07,08,541) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,50,27,810sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 12 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 12 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 1 Iranian over past 24 hours IRNA 12 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran reached 141,350 with 1 more Iranian killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 50,657 new COVID-19 cases, 163 deaths CNA 12 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 50,657 new COVID-19 cases and 163 deaths from the disease on Sunday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: June 12 CNA 12 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 50,657 new COVID-19 cases and 163 deaths from the disease on Sunday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Anti-epidemic War in DPRK KCNA 12 Jun 2022 -- The respected Comrade Kim Jong Un convened in succession major Party meetings like a meeting of the Political Bureau of the Workers' Party of Korea Central Committee in May to cope with the grave situation, caused by the inroads of the malicious pandemic virus into the country, and led the maximum emergency anti-epidemic struggle involving the entire Party and country and all the people.
- Brisk Treatment Activities of Medical Workers in DPRK KCNA 12 Jun 2022 -- In the DPRK, health workers from central hospitals have conducted an active medical service in local areas.
- Medicine Production Capacity Increased KCNA 12 Jun 2022 -- The Sinuiju Pharmaceutical Factory in the DPRK has striven to strengthen the foundation for medicine production by giving full play to its own technical force and ingenuity of workers.
- DPRK Focuses All Efforts on Restoring Stability in Anti-epidemic Work KCNA 12 Jun 2022 -- After undergoing a month of sudden severe trials since the maximum emergency anti-epidemic system was activated, the state anti-epidemic work has entered the new phase of maintaining lockdown in parallel with the struggle to exterminate the malignant virus in the DPRK.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 12 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 40 060 fevered cases, with over 46 040 recoveries and one death, were reported from 18:00 of June 10 to 18:00 of June 11 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|