10 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- January 6 Committee Hearings Seen as 'Road Map' to Prosecution of Trump VOA 10 Jun 2022 -- In the first of a series of public hearings held by the congressional committee investigating the attack on the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, Wyoming Representative Liz Cheney, one of two Republicans on the nine-member panel, laid out what its members intend to demonstrate over six additional hearings this month.
- Congressional Panel Lays Out Findings on 2021 Riot at US Capitol VOA 10 Jun 2022 -- A U.S. congressional panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol building held its first public hearing late Thursday, with members pinning the blame for what they characterized as a coup attempt on former President Donald Trump.
- US Army Base in Germany Confirms First Monkeypox Case in American Military Sputnik 10 Jun 2022 -- A US military base in Stuttgart, Germany, confirmed the first-known monkeypox case in the American military, the US Army Health Clinic at Stuttgart said on Friday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Department of the Army announces updated COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 10 Jun 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests as of June 09, 2022.
- US to Drop COVID Test Requirement for Travelers Entering Country VOA 10 Jun 2022 -- A senior official said the White House is expected to formally announce Friday it will lift its requirement that travelers provide a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours of entering the United States.
- In Shanghai, Bleak Mood Lingers Beyond Lockdown's End VOA 10 Jun 2022 -- "I used to have normal emotions and feelings, but (the government) locked me at home for two months and took away my happiness."
- Beijing and Shanghai manage to maintain reopening steps despite sporadic infections Global Times 10 Jun 2022 -- The sporadic COVID-9 cases found in Beijing and Shanghai and the tightening of regional measures have cast a shadow on the gradual reopening of China's two largest cities. But observers said the resumption of normal life and work in the two cities and across the country will not be impeded as China has updated its regular epidemic policy to better cope with the stealth Omicron based on experience from the last two months.
- Beijing reports 21 more cases linked to cluster infection at popular bar Global Times 10 Jun 2022 -- Beijing on Friday reported 21 COVID-19 cases and 10 asymptomatic ones, most of which are linked to a bar in Sanlitun of Chaoyang district, and city officials are continuing to screen for further possible infections.
- Chinese mainland reports 30 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Thursday reported 30 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 15 in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, seven in Beijing, six in Shanghai and two in Liaoning, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Hong Kong keeps tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 10 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Thursday that the COVID-19 virus continues to be detected in sewage samples from different areas in Hong Kong, indicating that there may be hidden cases in these areas.
- Beijing reports 3 new local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 10 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported three new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases during the first 15 hours of Thursday, according to local authorities.
- Shanghai adds 6 COVID-19 infections People's Daily 10 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai reported five locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and one local asymptomatic carrier on Thursday, the municipal health commission said at a press conference on Thursday afternoon.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 194.76 Cr India PIB 10 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 194.76 Cr (1,94,76,42,992) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,49,36,054 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 511 India PIB 10 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 194.90 Crore (1,94,90,76,635) today. More than 13 lakh (13,15,143) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 10 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 10 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills no Iranian over past 24 hours IRNA 10 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran remained 141,343 with no more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 68,347 new COVID-19 cases, 213 deaths CNA 10 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan's death toll from COVID-19 hit another single-day high Friday as 213 deaths from the disease were reported by the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) along with 68,347 new COVID-19 cases.
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: June 10 CNA 10 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 68,347 new COVID-19 cases -- 68,311 domestically transmitted and 36 imported infections -- and 213 deaths from the disease on Friday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 10 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 45 540 fevered cases with over 55 250 recoveries were reported from 18:00 of June 8 to 18:00 of June 9 throughout the country.
- Anti-epidemic Bulwark Cemented in DPRK KCNA 10 Jun 2022 -- All the sectors and units of the DPRK are voluntarily and dutifully preserving their unity in thought and action and acting in concert.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|