08 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- 'Great progress' being made bringing Da'esh/ISIL terrorists to justice, Security Council hears UN News 08 Jun 2022 -- Crimes committed by the Da'esh terror network in Iraq constitute some of the "most gruesome acts we have seen in recent history", the UN Special Advisor reminded the Security Council on Wednesday.
- Terrorist groups 'exploiting power vacuums', UN chief warns UN News 08 Jun 2022 -- While the number of deaths from terrorism has declined, the overall threat is far from over, particularly in Africa, UN Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres said in New York on Wednesday.
- Secretary-General's remarks at the Eighth Meeting of the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact UN Secretary-General 08 Jun 2022
- Hungary: improvements in fighting money laundering and terrorist financing have led to upgraded ratings Council of Europe 08 Jun 2022 -- Hungary has improved measures to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, demonstrating good progress in the level of compliance with the FATF (Financial Action Task Force) standards, according to a new follow-up report by the Council of Europe anti-money laundering body MONEYVAL.
- Monkeypox becoming established in non-endemic countries warns Tedros; calls for more testing, vaccines to end COVID pandemic UN News 08 Jun 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) chief said on Wednesday that monkeypox infections in non-endemic countries have passed the 1,000 mark and the risk of it becoming established in some is "real".
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 08 Jun 2022
- U.S. wasted over 82 million COVID vaccine doses: report People's Daily 08 Jun 2022 -- The United States discarded 82.1 million COVID-19 vaccine doses from December 2020 through mid-May this year, just over 11 percent of the doses the U.S. federal government distributed, according to a report of NBC News.
- New Omicron subvariants make up nearly 13 pct new COVID infections in U.S.: CDC People's Daily 08 Jun 2022 -- The BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants of Omicron are estimated to make up nearly 13 percent of all new U.S. COVID-19 cases in the latest week, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Tuesday.
- Beijing cuts COVID-19 transmission chain: official Global Times 08 Jun 2022 -- Beijing has effectively cut the COVID-19 transmission chain as there have been no infections reported outside quarantine zones for five consecutive days, and no new high-risk areas have been found so far, said a Beijing government official at a media briefing on Wednesday.
- N.China's Inner Mongolia registers 240 positive COVID-19 cases in six days Global Times 08 Jun 2022 -- As the COVID-19 epidemic in other parts of China subsides, it's flaring up in North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region which on Wednesday said it's registered 240 positive infections in the past six days.
- China's top medical authority requires 'strictest supervision' on coronavirus testing reagents Global Times 08 Jun 2022 -- China's National Medical Products Administration issued a notice on Tuesday, requiring regulatory authorities at all levels to exercise the "strictest supervision" on the quality and safety of coronavirus testing reagents.
- Chinese mainland reports 44 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Tuesday reported 44 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 35 in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Shanghai, Beijing residents give lie to claims that COVID-19 lockdowns have eased Radio Free Asia 08 Jun 2022 -- Despite the government's claims that a two-month lockdown in Shanghai has been relaxed, residents of some districts of the city said they have yet to regain their freedom, amid ongoing shortages of food and other daily necessities.
- Shanghai reports 4 confirmed, 11 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported four confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 11 local asymptomatic cases on Tuesday, the municipal health commission said Wednesday.
- Beijing reports 5 new local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 08 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases during the 15 hours leading up to 3 p.m. Tuesday, according to local authorities.
- Shanghai adds 4 local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 08 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai reported two locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and two local asymptomatic carriers on Tuesday, the municipal health commission said at a press conference on Tuesday afternoon.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 194.43 Cr India PIB 08 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 194.43 Cr (1,94,43,26,416) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,48,41,726 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 509 India PIB 08 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 194.57 Crore (1,94,57,68,383) today. More than 13 lakh (13,31,833) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 08 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 08 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 3 Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 08 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,342 with 3 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 80,223 new COVID-19 cases, 159 deaths, first MIS-C case CNA 08 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 80,223 new COVID-19 cases -- 80,195 domestically transmitted and 28 imported infections -- and 159 deaths from the disease on Wednesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: June 8 CNA 08 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 80,223 new COVID-19 cases -- 80,195 domestically transmitted and 28 imported infections -- and 159 deaths from the disease on Wednesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- DPRK Strives to Consolidate Stable Situation of Anti-epidemic Work KCNA 08 Jun 2022 -- All the sectors and units of the DPRK are striving to improve manufacturing business and establish a sound life order.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 08 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 54 610 fevered cases with over 66 550 recoveries were reported from 18:00 of June 6 to 18:00 of June 7 throughout the country.
- Vietnam arrests 3 disgraced Communist Party officials for corruption Radio Free Asia 08 Jun 2022 -- Vietnamese authorities on Tuesday arrested three disgraced former Communist Party officials for a kick-back scheme involving COVID test kits, as part of an anti-graft campaign some observers think has been too slow to punish high-level government offenders.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|