03 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Funder of ISIS Foreign Fighter Sentenced to 15 Years in Prison US Dept. of Justice 03 Jun 2022 -- A citizen of Uzbekistan and resident of Brooklyn was sentenced today to 15 years in prison for conspiring to and attempting to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization, the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS).
- Canada Partially Decriminalizes Opioids VOA 03 Jun 2022 -- The Canadian government is decriminalizing possession of small amounts of cocaine, heroin and other narcotics in the Pacific coast province of British Columbia, the latest step in a battle against deadly drug overdoses.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Department of the Army announces updated COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 03 Jun 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests as of June 02, 2022.
- U.S. sees sharp rise in daily COVID-19 cases following Memorial Day holidays People's Daily 03 Jun 2022 -- The United States is witnessing a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases after the Memorial Day weekend, as nearly 180,000 infections were reported across the country on Tuesday, according to the latest data of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- 'Playing with fire': COVID-19 cases in US 30 times higher than reported Press TV 03 Jun 2022 -- The United States finds itself in the throes of the fourth wave of coronavirus, according to the official case count, albeit experts say the actual current rate could be 30 times higher than reported.
- Most districts in Beijing clear community infection, enter normalized epidemic control era Global Times 03 Jun 2022 -- Beijing authorities said on Friday that most districts in Beijing cleared community infection. Except for Fengtai, Changping and Chaoyang districts, the remaining 13 districts and the economic development zone have recorded zero growth in community transmission for 7 straight days.
- Beijing reports 8 confirmed, 7 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported eight new confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and seven local asymptomatic cases on Thursday, the Beijing municipal health commission said Friday.
- COVID-19 vaccination rate among elderly further increases in China People's Daily 03 Jun 2022 -- More than 218 million Chinese aged 60 or above, or 82.66 percent of the country's senior citizens, have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, an increase of about 1 million people from 10 days ago, an official said Thursday.
- China strengthens supervision of COVID-19 nucleic acid testing People's Daily 03 Jun 2022 -- China has adopted stricter criteria for the supervision of the COVID-19 nucleic acid testing process, according to a recent circular.
- Hong Kong gov't keeps tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 03 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said on Thursday that the COVID-19 virus continues to be detected in sewage samples from different areas in Hong Kong, indicating that there may be hidden cases in these areas.
- Shanghai reports 8 confirmed, 8 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported eight confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and eight local asymptomatic cases on Thursday, the municipal health commission said Friday.
- Record 2 mln people in UK have long COVID: survey People's Daily 03 Jun 2022 -- An estimated 2 million people in Britain have lingering COVID-19 symptoms more than four weeks after their initial coronavirus infection, a latest survey showed.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 193.83 Cr India PIB 03 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 193.83 Cr (1,93,83,72,365) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,46,63,629 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 504 India PIB 03 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 193.94 Crore (1,93,94,73,457) today. More than 9 lakh (9,94,843) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 03 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 03 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 3 Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 03 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,321 with 3 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- President: COVID-19 death cases turning zero by relying on internal capacities IRNA 03 Jun 2022 -- President Ebrahim Raisi in a message congratulated the great nation of Iran and Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei on the achievement of zero COVID-19 death cases.
- Taiwan reports 76,564 COVID-19 cases, 142 deaths CNA 03 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 76,564 new COVID-19 cases -- 76,517 domestically transmitted and 47 imported cases -- and 142 deaths from the disease on Friday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: June 3 CNA 03 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 76,564 new COVID-19 cases and 142 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Devoted Efforts of Health Workers in DPRK KCNA 03 Jun 2022 -- Medical workers in charge of households across the DPRK distinguish themselves in medical care, true to the idea and spirit of the 8th Politburo Meeting of the 8th Party Central Committee and consultative meetings of the Political Bureau.
- Stability of People's Life and Promotion of Their Health Prioritized in DPRK KCNA 03 Jun 2022 -- All sectors and units in the DPRK are making redoubled efforts to stabilize the people's life and promote their health, regarding them as the top-priority task.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 03 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 82 160 fevered cases, with 93 830 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 1 to 18:00 of June 2 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|