02 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- U.S. Coast Guard Seizes Heroin Shipment in Gulf of Oman CENTCOM 02 Jun 2022 -- A U.S. Coast Guard fast response cutter seized 310 kilograms of heroin worth an estimated U.S. street value of $11 million from a fishing vessel while conducting patrols in the Gulf of Oman, May 31.
- Assistant Attorney General for National Security Matthew G. Olsen Delivers Remarks at the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defense Center of Excellence US Dept. of Justice 02 Jun 2022
- US Justice Department Braces for More Russian Cyberattacks VOA 02 Jun 2022 -- More than three months into Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the U.S. Justice Department is girding for more Russian cyberattacks, the department's top national security official said Thursday.
- Treasury Works with Government of Mexico to Sanction Corrupt Police Official and Other Individuals Supporting CJNG US Treasury 02 Jun 2022 -- Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated six individuals pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 14059 because of their support for, or actions on behalf of, the Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generacion (CJNG), a violent Mexico-based organization that traffics a significant proportion of the fentanyl and other deadly drugs that enter the United States. Today's action is the result of a collaboration between the U.S. Treasury Department, the Government of Mexico, and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). U.S. Customs and Border Protection also provided support to this case.
- WHO: At Least 643 Cases of Monkeypox Detected Across 26 Non-Endemic States Sputnik 02 Jun 2022 -- At least 643 monkeypox cases in humans have been registered in 26 non-endemic countries by early June, Emerging Diseases and Zoonoses Lead at the World Health Organisation (WHO) Health Emergencies Programme Maria Van Kerkhove said.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- US Prepares for Launch of COVID Vaccines for Under-5s VOA 02 Jun 2022 -- American children under age 5 could receive their first COVID-19 vaccines as early as June 21, the White House's top COVID official said Thursday â€” if the two vaccines under review are approved by both U.S. government bodies responsible for such authorizations.
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and COVID-19 Response Coordinator Dr. Ashish Jha The White House 02 Jun 2022
- Public places in Beijing to set up COVID reporting mechanism, eat-in dining to remain suspended during Dragon Boat Festival Global Times 02 Jun 2022 -- Hotels, scenic spots, shopping malls in Beijing were told to establish a COVID-19 reporting mechanism during the Dragon Boat Festival to guard against a COVID-19 resurgence in the capital after month-long tough battle against Omicron.
- China sees less than 100 daily new local COVID-19 cases for 3 days: official People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- The number of daily locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and asymptomatic carriers reported on the Chinese mainland has been below 100 for the past three days, an official said Thursday.
- Beijing reports 11 confirmed, 3 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported 11 new confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and three local asymptomatic cases on Wednesday, the Beijing municipal health commission said Thursday.
- Shanghai reports 5 confirmed, 8 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported five confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and eight local asymptomatic cases on Wednesday, the municipal health commission said Thursday.
- Beijing adds two more COVID-19 cases from community screening People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported seven locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Wednesday as of 3 p.m., including five among those quarantined for observation and two from community screening, an official told a press conference.
- Macao eases travel requirements for mainland visitors Global Times 02 Jun 2022 -- The Macao Special Administrative Region will ease travel requirements for visitors from the Chinese mainland starting on Thursday, extending the valid period of negative COVID-19 test results from 72 hours to 7 days for visitors entering through Zhuhai port of entry in South China's Guangdong Province.
- Situational picture and modelling group publishes its last report on COVID-19 epidemic for now Finnish Government 02 Jun 2022 -- The term of the group responsible for the situational picture and modelling of the COVID-19 epidemic ends in June 2022. The situational assessment report, published every other week, has monitored the development of the epidemic and the measures taken to curb the epidemic, but it will be put on hold for now.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 193.70 Cr India PIB 02 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 193.70 Cr (1,93,70,51,104) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,46,20,654 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 503 India PIB 02 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 193.81 Crore (193,81,88,024) today. More than 10 lakh (10,22,786) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 02 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 02 Jun 2022
- Iran reports zero daily COVID deaths IRNA 02 Jun 2022 -- In the latest update by Iranian Health Ministry on Thursday no COVID-related deaths were reported over the past 24 hours.
- Iran marks first day without COVID-19 death after more than two years Press TV 02 Jun 2022 -- The number of daily coronavirus deaths in Iran has reached zero after more than two years of strenuous medical efforts aimed at containing the epidemiological crisis despite ruthless US sanctions against the country and its health system.
- Taiwan reports 76,986 new COVID-19 cases, 144 deaths CNA 02 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 76,986 new COVID-19 cases -- 76,967 domestically transmitted and 19 imported cases -- and 144 deaths from the disease on Thursday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 situation in Taiwan to become clearer within 10 days: CECC CNA 02 Jun 2022 -- The domestic COVID-19 pandemic in Taiwan remains in a plateau phase but it will become clearer within the next 10 days if the country is reaching a turning point, Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Thursday.
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: June 2 CNA 02 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 76,986 new COVID-19 cases -- 76,967 domestically transmitted and 19 imported cases -- and 144 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Anti-epidemic Campaign Conducted in DPRK KCNA 02 Jun 2022 -- Universities of Medicine across the DPRK are vigorously waging the anti-epidemic campaign for thoroughly blocking and eliminating the source of the epidemic spread.
- Measures for Stabilizing People's Life Taken in DPRK KCNA 02 Jun 2022 -- The Cabinet of the DPRK has taken measures for stabilizing the people's life since the activation of the maximum emergency anti-epidemic system.
- DPRK Premier Inspects Pharmaceutical Factories KCNA 02 Jun 2022 -- Kim Tok Hun, member of the Presidium of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, vice-president of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and premier of the Cabinet, inspected Pyongyang and Sunchon pharmaceutical factories.
- Campaign against Epidemic Spread Intensifies in DPRK KCNA 02 Jun 2022 -- All provinces of the DPRK intensify the emergency anti-epidemic campaign in keeping with their respective natural and topographical features and economic conditions.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 02 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 96 610 fevered cases, with 108 990 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of May 31 to 18:00 of June 1 throughout the country.
- Africa: Dramatic drop forecast in COVID deaths, but no time to 'sit back and relax' UN News 02 Jun 2022 -- COVID-19 deaths in Africa are forecast to decrease by 94 per cent this year compared to last year the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday.
- Cambodia, China ink deal to build COVID-19 vaccine filling factory in Cambodia People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- Cambodia and China on Wednesday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the construction of a COVID-19 vaccine filling and packaging factory in Cambodia.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|