26 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- US Senate Republicans Block Debate on Domestic Terrorism Measure VOA 26 May 2022 -- U.S. Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked attempts by Democratic lawmakers to start debate on a measure to combat domestic terrorism as the two parties spar over how best to control gun violence.
- US Republican senators block domestic terrorism bill, despite a spike in hate crimes Press TV 26 May 2022 -- US Republican senators have blocked legislation titled the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act in Congress in the wake of the racist mass shooting which killed ten Black people in New York this month.
- Turkish Officials Claim Capture of New Islamic State Leader VOA 26 May 2022 -- The reign of new Islamic State terror group leader Abu al-Hassan al-Hashimi al-Qurashi may be over, less than three months after it began.
- WHO Registers 200 Monkeypox Cases, Suspects Another 100 in Over 20 Countries Sputnik 26 May 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has registered about 200 monkeypox cases, and suspects another 100 in more than 20 countries across the globe, Maria Van Kerkhove, the COVID-19 technical lead at the WHO, said on Thursday.
- Monkeypox cases rising in EU, authorities urge countries to take measures People's Daily 26 May 2022 -- With monkeypox cases rising in Europe, European health authorities are urging countries to take extra steps to bring the spread of the virus under control.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID-19 cases surge again in U.S. as new Omicron subvariant takes hold People's Daily 26 May 2022 -- COVID-19 cases are surging again in the United States, powered by a rising tide of Omicron subvariants circulating rapidly across the country.
- China's Strict Zero-COVID Policy Creates Supply Chain Chaos VOA 26 May 2022 -- China's zero-COVID policy, which has led to long lockdowns in major cities and suspended operations in factories, businesses and schools, is taking a bigger bite out of the country's overall economic growth.
- Students in Shanghai to resume on-site classes from June 6 after more than 2 months at home Global Times 26 May 2022 -- Students in the second and third years of high school in Shanghai will resume classes on campus from June 6, and students in the final year of junior high school will return to their classrooms from June 13, after having attended online classes for nearly three months.
- Chinese mainland reports 104 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 104 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 48 were in Shanghai and 36 in Beijing, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Chinese censors delete post hitting out at mass, high-tech pandemic surveillance Radio Free Asia 26 May 2022 -- Chinese censors have deleted a social media post from a university professor who hit out at the blanket surveillance deployed against Chinese citizens as part of the zero-COVID policy.
- Beijing sees decline in infections, epidemic situation 'controllable': authorities Global Times 26 May 2022 -- After a month of arduous efforts to contain Omicron, the Chinese capital has reported a total of 1,642 cases in this round of the outbreak, but Beijing is now seeing a decline in the number of daily infections at the community level, authorities said on Wednesday. With the overall epidemic situation now controllable, Beijing's college entrance exams will be held as scheduled.
- Vice premier stresses coordinating COVID-19 control with economic development People's Daily 26 May 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng has called for efforts to efficiently coordinate COVID-19 prevention and control with economic and social development, stabilize the broader economy, and propel high-quality growth.
- Hong Kong to distribute another 180,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 26 May 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Wednesday that it will distribute about 180,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits to people in some areas of the city as part of a follow-up on recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 192.82 Cr India PIB 26 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 192.82 Cr (1,92,82,03,555) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,43,56,591 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 496 India PIB 26 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 192.95 Crore (1,92,95,87,987) today. More than 12 lakh (12,62,771) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 26 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 26 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 3 Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 26 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,296 with 3 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- North Korea gives Chinese vaccines to soldiers working as construction labor Radio Free Asia 26 May 2022 -- North Korea has begun promoting a vaccination campaign for soldiers working on a high-priority construction project in the capital Pyongyang, marking the first time the government has administered vaccines in large numbers, sources in the country told RFA.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Braving Current Difficulties with Optimism and Confidence KCNA 26 May 2022 -- The on-going great anti-epidemic campaign requires all the officials, Party members and other working people to display their revolutionary fighting spirit further than ever before, full of confidence in sure victory and optimism, says Rodong Sinmun Thursday in an editorial.
- Hygiene Information Widely Disseminated in DPRK KCNA 26 May 2022 -- The Health Education Institute is putting its efforts into informing the public of the validity and scientific accuracy of the emergency anti-epidemic policy of the Party and the state and into rapidly disseminating hygiene information for the epidemic prevention and treatment.
- Taiwan reports 81,907 new COVID-19 cases, 104 deaths CNA 26 May 2022 -- Taiwan recorded 81,907 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday -- 81,852 domestic infections and 55 imported -- and a single-day high of 104 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: May 26 CNA 26 May 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 81,907 new COVID-19 cases, down slightly from the day before, and 104 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 death rate exceeding 0.1% a warning: health minister CNA 26 May 2022 -- Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Thursday that the COVID-19 death rate in Taiwan exceed 0.1 percent over the past two days, a figure he characterized as a warning.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 26 May 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 105 500 fevered persons (about 10 470 less than the previous day), with 157 020 recoveries (about 35 840 less than the previous day) and no death, were reported from 18:00 of May 24 to 18:00 of May 25 throughout the country.
- KPA Medics' Devoted Efforts in Emergency Anti-epidemic Campaign KCNA 26 May 2022 -- Medics of the Korean People's Army (KPA) have waged a devoted struggle for fully discharging their mission as true servants of the people, their sons and daughters and defenders of their happiness for ten days and ten nights since they buckled down to the anti-epidemic campaign at lightning speed to devotedly protect the security of the capital city and the lives and health of its citizens, on the combat order full of great trust and expectations of the respected Comrade Kim Jong Un .
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|