23 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Scotland, Denmark Confirm First Cases of Monkeypox Sputnik 23 May 2022 -- Scotland and Denmark confirmed the first cases of monkeypox on their territories on Monday following a sudden outbreak of the disease in Europe and North America last week, local health agencies said.
- China prepares test kits against monkeypox, can develop 'vaccine within a year' if needed Global Times 23 May 2022 -- As three European countries have imposed compulsory quarantines for monkeypox patients while Canada and the US reportedly placed orders for millions of doses of vaccines that are used against both smallpox and monkeypox, the Chinese public raised concerns over whether China would face the risk of monkeypox and if the country has preparations to protect people from being infected.
- Monkeypox onward spread highly likely in future: WHO People's Daily 23 May 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Saturday that there will be more monkeypox cases identified as surveillance expands in non-endemic countries.
- WMD civil support teams train on land, sea, in air Army News 23 May 2022 -- National Guard civil support teams from six states are training with local, state and federal agencies this week in Operation Night Hammer.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO Chief: The Pandemic Is 'Most Certainly Not Over' VOA 23 May 2022 -- The COVID pandemic is "most certainly not over" World Health Organization Director Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Sunday at the 75th World Health Assembly.
- Beijing's fight against Omicron still at a stalemate as city sees record number of new cases Global Times 23 May 2022 -- One month after the latest COVID-19 resurgence began on April 22, Beijing's fight against Omicron is still at a stalemate with daily cases seeing a new peak on Sunday, despite strict measures including at least a dozen rounds of mass nucleic acid testing in three major districts.
- Beijing moves over 1,800 residents to Winter Olympics host city Zhangjiakou for quarantine amid outbreak of COVID-19 Global Times 23 May 2022 -- Over 1,800 residents from a community in Beijing's Haidian district have been transferred to Zhangjiakou, in North China's Hebei Province, one of the host cities of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, for centralized quarantine as the Chinese capital fights an arduous battle against the latest Omicron outbreak that has lasted for a month with over 1,500 infections reported.
- Individual tourism abroad not encouraged, but people of special needs will certainly be given support, says China's immigration authority Global Times 23 May 2022 -- Due to COVID-19 concerns, China continues to discourage unnecessary individual tourism abroad but people of special needs such as work resumption will certainly be given support, China's National Immigration Administration (NIA) said Monday, debunking some media reports claiming China imposed a de facto international travel ban.
- Shanghai reports 55 confirmed, 503 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 23 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 55 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 503 local asymptomatic cases on Sunday, the municipal health commission said Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 174 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 23 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 174 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 83 were in Beijing, 55 in Shanghai and 32 in Tianjin, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Beijing reports 94 new local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 23 May 2022 -- Beijing reported 94 new locally transmitted COVID-19 infections between 3 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, said Liu Xiaofeng, deputy head of the Beijing municipal disease prevention and control center, at a press briefing Sunday.
- Hong Kong to distribute more RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 23 May 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Sunday that it will distribute a new batch of about 170,000 sets of the COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits in some city areas as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 192.38 Cr India PIB 23 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 192.38 Cr (1,92,38,45,615) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,42,38,619 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 493 India PIB 23 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 192.50 Crore (1,92,50,82,880) today. More than nearly 12 lakh (11,91,382) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 23 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 23 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 7 Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 23 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,281 with 7 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports 66,283 new COVID-19 cases, 40 deaths CNA 23 May 2022 -- Taiwan recorded 66,283 new COVID-19 cases and 40 deaths Monday, when the daily number edged below 70,000 for the first time in six days, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Party's Policy on Epidemic Prevention Unconditionally Upheld in DPRK KCNA 23 May 2022 -- All the people of the DPRK maintain the current favorable turn in the anti-epidemic campaign with maximum awareness, in response to the call of the Party Central Committee for defending their precious life and future with confidence in sure victory and redoubled great efforts.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 23 May 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 167 650 fevered persons (about 18 440 less than the previous day), over 267 630 recoveries (about 31 550 less than the previous day) and one death were reported from 18:00 of May 21 to 18:00 of May 22 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|