22 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- US GOP senators vow to kill domestic terrorism bill, despite spike in hate crimes Press TV 22 May 2022 -- US Republican senators are lining up against Senate-passed domestic terrorism legislation, in the wake of the racist mass shooting which killed ten people in New York last week.
- Monkeypox: UNAIDS 'concerned' about stigmatizing language against LGTBI people UN News 22 May 2022 -- As a significant portion of the recently reported Monkeypox cases has been identified among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men, the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) expressed concern on Sunday about some public media reporting and commentary reinforcing homophobic and racist stereotypes.
- WHO Confirms 92 Monkeypox Cases, 28 Suspected Cases Across 12 Countries Sputnik 22 May 2022 -- The World Health Organisation (WHO) said on Sunday that a total of 92 confirmed monkeypox cases and 28 suspected cases have been recorded in 12 countries.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- "COVID-19 is not over", Tedros warns World Health Assembly UN News 22 May 2022 -- The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) told global health Ministers on Sunday that although reported COVID-19 cases and deaths have declined significantly, it is not time to lower the guard.
- Universities are focus of COVID-19 prevention, control efforts in Beijing Global Times 22 May 2022 -- Universities are currently the focus of COVID-19 prevention and control efforts in Beijing, the capital city's officials said on Sunday, after five schools in a university town were closed following cluster infections among teachers and students.
- China reports first case of 'more contagious' Omicron BA.4 variant infection Global Times 22 May 2022 -- China reported the first case of a COVID-19 infection caused by the "more contagious" Omicron BA.4 variant, which was imported, according to an epidemiological survey by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Nearly 5,000 residents in Beijing's Chaoyang district transferred for 7-day centralized quarantine Global Times 22 May 2022 -- Some 5,000 residents in a community in Beijing's Chaoyang district were being transferred for seven-day centralized quarantine on Saturday after 26 confirmed COVID-19 cases were detected in eight buildings since the compound has been locked down On May 12.
- Shanghai reports 52 confirmed, 570 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 52 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 570 local asymptomatic cases on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 157 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 157 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which Shanghai and Beijing both reported 52, according to the National Health Commission Sunday.
- Malaysia reports 2,021 new COVID-19 infections, 3 new deaths People's Daily 22 May 2022 -- Malaysia reported 2,021 new COVID-19 infections as of midnight Saturday, bringing the national total to 4,489,503, according to the health ministry.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 192.28 Cr India PIB 22 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 192.28 Cr (1,92,28,66,524) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,42,06,537 sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 22 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 22 May 2022
- India records 2,226 new COVID-19 cases, 65 more deaths People's Daily 22 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 43,136,371 on Sunday, as 2,226 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours across the country, showed the federal health ministry's latest data.
- COVID-19 kills 3 Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 22 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,274 with 3 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 79,487 new COVID-19 cases, 53 deaths CNA 22 May 2022 -- Taiwan recorded 79,487 new COVID-19 cases and 53 deaths Sunday, with the total number of cases edging below 80,000 for the first time in five days, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: May 22 CNA 22 May 2022 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 79,487 new COVID-19 cases, including 79,441 domestically transmitted and 46 contracted abroad, as well as 53 deaths, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Struggle of Ten Days under Maximum Emergency Epidemic Prevention System KCNA 22 May 2022 -- Ten days and ten nights have passed since the maximum emergency epidemic prevention system was set in motion in the DPRK to cope with the current health crisis.
- Rodong Sinmun on WPK's Epidemic Prevention Policy KCNA 22 May 2022 -- Rodong Sinmun says in an editorial on Sunday that the achievements made in the ongoing anti-epidemic campaign are an outcome of our Party's wise guidance and our socialist system's politico-ideological superiority and its peculiar organizing ability and unity and an evident proof of the scientific accuracy and validity of the Party's policy on epidemic prevention.
- Spirit of Devoted Service Displayed in DPRK KCNA 22 May 2022 -- The spirit of devotedly serving the people is fully displayed among officials in the DPRK.
- DPRK Premier Inspects Local Areas to Learn about Farming and Epidemic Prevention KCNA 22 May 2022 -- Kim Tok Hun, member of the Presidium of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, vice-president of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and premier of the Cabinet, made a field survey of current farming and epidemic prevention work in North Hwanghae Province and Nampho City.
- DPRK People's Organizing Ability and Unity Displayed in Epidemic Prevention Campaign KCNA 22 May 2022 -- The current situation of the epidemic spread in the DPRK shows a positive trend away from a rapid growth in the beginning to a decline after being stably controlled and managed, registering daily increased number of recoveries across the country.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 22 May 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 186 090 persons with fever (more than 32 940 reduced for the previous day), over 299 180 recoveries (over 17 830 increased for the previous day) and one death were reported from 18:00 of May 20 to 18:00 of May 21 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|