08 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID-19 hospitalizations rise in U.S.: NYT People's Daily 08 May 2022 -- COVID-19 hospitalizations have been rising across the United States, sparking anxieties about the strain on health care, The New York Times reported on Friday.
- Beijing still in 'tug of war' against Omicron Global Times 08 May 2022 -- Over the past weekend, Beijing reported a total of 137 domestically transmitted COVID-19 infections. Yet, a piece of great news is being highlighted by experts amid the virus-hit capital's weeks-long tug-of-war against Omicron - on Sunday, the city saw no new infections at the community level for the first time after eight rounds of mass nucleic acid screening.
- Shanghai into 10th day of case declines, 'sees light at end of tunnel' Global Times 08 May 2022 -- As Shanghai reported 215 local confirmed COVID-19 cases and 3,760 silent carriers on Saturday, the 10th consecutive day of declines, China's top epidemiologist Zhang Wenhong, among a number of other scientists, said in an article in The Lancet on Sunday that the city is "seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in this round of the epidemic."
- Shanghai residents see light at the end of Omicron outbreak: medical expert Global Times 08 May 2022 -- Shanghai residents are seeing the tunnel light after being locked down for more than a month, while the city's strict pandemic control measures buy time for more vaccinations and bringing down elderly fatalities, local medical experts including Zhang Wenhong, head of the infectious disease department at Huashan Hospital in Shanghai, said in a latest co-authored thesis published in The Lancet.
- Beijing reports 39 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 May 2022 -- Beijing reported 39 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases between 3 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, said local authorities Sunday.
- China's dynamic zero-COVID policy continues yielding positive results People's Daily 08 May 2022 -- China's epidemic control policy has proved to be science-based and effective, continuously yielding positive results in containing COVID-19.
- 82 pct of senior residents in China fully vaccinated against COVID-19 People's Daily 08 May 2022 -- A senior Chinese health official said 215.6 million senior residents had been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, representing 81.67 percent of the population aged 60 and above.
- Shanghai reports 215 confirmed, 3,760 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 215 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 3,760 local asymptomatic cases on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- 1,115 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 08 May 2022 -- A total of 1,115 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Saturday, the National Health Commission said in its Sunday report.
- Chinese mainland reports 319 new local COVID-19 cases, 215 in Shanghai People's Daily 08 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 319 confirmed local COVID-19 cases, of which 215 were in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said on Sunday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 190.20 Cr India PIB 08 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 190.20 Cr (1,90,20,07,487) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,36,46,697 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 478 India PIB 08 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 190.33Crore(1,90,33,11,389) today. More than11lakh (11,93,312) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 08 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 08 May 2022
- India reports 3,451 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 43,102,194 on Sunday, with 3,451 new cases registered during the past 24 hours across the country, showed the federal health ministry's latest data.
- COVID-19 kills 12 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 08 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,177 with eight more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 44,361 new COVID-19 cases, 12 deaths CNA 08 May 2022 -- Taiwan saw its single-day COVID-19 case numbers surpass 40,000 for the second straight day on Sunday, with 44,361 new cases and 12 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- New Zealand reports 1st Omicron BA.5 variant People's Daily 08 May 2022 -- New Zealand reported its first case of Omicron BA.5 variant at the border amid 12,392 community cases during the weekend, said the Ministry of Health in a statement on Sunday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|