03 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Jury Convicts Dutch National for Participation in Terror Financing Ring US Dept. of Justice 03 May 2022 -- Today, a federal jury convicted a Dutch woman on charges stemming from her participation in a terrorist financing ring in support of the Somalia-based terrorist group al-Shabaab.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- CDC Recommendation for Masks and Travel Center for Disease Control 03 May 2022 -- At this time, CDC recommends that everyone aged 2 and older - including passengers and workers - properly wear a well-fitting mask or respirator over the nose and mouth in indoor areas of public transportation (such as airplanes, trains, etc.) and transportation hubs (such as airports, stations, etc.).
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - May 3, 2022 US Air Force 03 May 2022
- Beijing to suspend classes for kindergartens, primary and middle schools and secondary vocational schools for a week between May 5 and 11 due to COVID-19 situation Global Times 03 May 2022 -- All kindergartens, primary and middle schools and secondary vocational schools in Beijing will postpone resuming classes for a week until May 11. When students will return to schools would be decided based on the COVID-19 epidemic situation: Beijing authorities
- 4,271 COVID patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 03 May 2022 -- Following the recovery of 4,271 COVID-19 patients on Monday, there were 16,266 confirmed COVID-19 cases undergoing treatment in hospitals across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said in its Tuesday report.
- Shanghai reports 274 confirmed, 5,395 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 274 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 5,395 local asymptomatic cases on Monday, the municipal health commission said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 368 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases, 274 in Shanghai People's Daily 03 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Monday reported 368 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 274 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Tuesday.
- Beijing reports 41 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 May 2022 -- Beijing reported 41 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and nine asymptomatic cases between 3 p.m. Sunday and 3 p.m. Monday, local authorities have said.
- China's dynamic zero-COVID policy benefits the world People's Daily 03 May 2022 -- As the Omicron variant has posed severe challenges to the faltering global economic recovery amid surging infections, China's dynamic zero-COVID approach has not only quickly cut viral transmission in the shortest time possible but also brought tangible benefits to the whole world.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 189.41 Cr India PIB 03 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 189.41 Cr (1,89,41,68,295) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,34,30,863 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 473 India PIB 03 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 189.46Crore(1,89,46,76,946) today. More thannearly 3lakh (3,93,359) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 03 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 03 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 17 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 03 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,131 with 17 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 23,139 new COVID-19 cases, five deaths CNA 03 May 2022 -- Taiwan saw its single-day COVID-19 case number exceed 20,000 for the first time on Tuesday, reporting 23,139 new cases and five deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan receives 6th shipment of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine this year CNA 03 May 2022 -- Taiwan took delivery of 1,106,100 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine on Tuesday, the sixth shipment this year from the company, Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said.
- Taiwan to shorten quarantine for arriving travelers from 10 to 7 days CNA 03 May 2022 -- The quarantine requirement for arriving travelers will be reduced from 10 days to seven, starting May 9, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Tuesday, as Taiwan opts to live with COVID-19.
- Opposition parties urge government to boost COVID-19 testing capacity CNA 03 May 2022 -- Opposition parties on Tuesday urged the government to boost COVID-19 testing capacity to improve the efficacy of disease control as Taiwan experiences a surge in domestic cases.
- Factory in China tests North Korean workers for COVID after 20 show symptoms Radio Free Asia 03 May 2022 -- Around 800 North Korean workers in the northeastern Chinese city of Dandong spent their May Day holiday getting tested for COVID-19 after about 20 of their coworkers began showing symptoms for the disease and were quarantined, sources in China told RFA.
- Georgia lifts most COVID-19 restrictions amid improving pandemic situation People's Daily 03 May 2022 -- Georgia on Monday declared lifting most COVID-19 restrictions as the country had witnessed notable decline in daily cases and death rate.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|