02 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- White Supremacist Gang Leader and Members and Associates Convicted on Racketeering and Murder Charges US Dept. of Justice 02 May 2022 -- Five members and associates of a violent white supremacist gang, the 1488s, were convicted today in Alaska by a federal jury of RICO conspiracy, murder in aid of racketeering, kidnapping, and assault.
- Rewards Offered for Capture and Conviction of Leaders of Honduran Drug Trafficking Operation US Dept. of Justice 02 May 2022 -- Today, the U.S. Department of State announced a reward of up to $5 million each for information leading to the arrest and conviction of three Honduran nationals indicted in the Eastern District of Virginia on charges stemming from their roles as leading figures in a drug-trafficking operation.
- Department of State Offers Reward for Information to Bring Honduran Drug Traffickers to Justice US Dept. of State 02 May 2022 -- The U.S. Department of State is offering rewards of up to $5 million each for information leading to the arrests and/or convictions of Honduran drug trafficker Herlinda Bobadilla and her two sons, Tito Montes Bobadilla and Juan Carlos Montes Bobadilla. Their leadership roles in the Montes drug trafficking organization have grown significantly since the 2017 arrest and 2019 extradition to the United States of Herlinda's third son, Noe Montes Bobadilla, who is currently serving a 37-year sentence for conspiracy to distribute more than five kilograms of cocaine intended for unlawful importation to the United States.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Beijing to conduct three more rounds of testing in three days to stamp out latest flare-up Global Times 02 May 2022 -- The city of Beijing will conduct another three rounds of mass testing in 11 major administrative districts and the Yizhuang economic development zone in the three days starting Tuesday, to curb the spread of COVID-19 as epidemic control in the Chinese capital remains at "a critical stage."
- World's 1st Omicron-specific inactivated vaccine administered in China's Hangzhou Global Times 02 May 2022 -- The first dose of COVID-19 inactivated vaccine specifically against the Omicron variant was administered on Sunday during a clinical trial in Hangzhou, East China's Zhejiang Province, bringing hope to people in the regions hit by the highly transmissible variant.
- Shanghai dispatches 160,000 personnel for disinfection covering 13,000 residential compounds as new cases keep declining Global Times 02 May 2022 -- As part of achieving the goal of eliminating the COVID-19 cases at the community level, Shanghai is carrying out citywide cleaning and disinfection covering 13,000 residential compounds in the city, local authority said on Monday, noting that nearly 1 million delivery packages are being disinfected every day.
- Chinese mainland reports 846 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Sunday reported 846 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 727 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Monday.
- HKSAR gov't continues tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 02 May 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government announced on Sunday that the COVID-19 virus has recently been detected in sewage samples from some areas in the city, indicating that there may be hidden cases in the premises in these areas.
- Chinese vice premier stresses cutting off COVID-19 transmission in Shanghai communities People's Daily 02 May 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan has urged solid efforts to stay on the target of cutting off COVID-19 transmission in communities as epidemic prevention and control enter a critical stage in Shanghai.
- 4,662 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 02 May 2022 -- A total of 4,662 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Sunday, the National Health Commission said in its Monday report.
- Beijing reports 55 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 May 2022 -- Beijing reported 51 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and four asymptomatic cases between 3 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, local authorities have said.
- Shanghai curbs risk of COVID-19 transmission in communities: official People's Daily 02 May 2022 -- Comprehensive research and judgment by experts have shown that the risk of transmission in communities has been effectively curbed in Shanghai, an official told a press conference on Sunday.
- Beijing requires 48-hr negative COVID-19 test result to enter public venues People's Daily 02 May 2022 -- Residents in Beijing will be required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours to enter public spaces from Saturday, the municipal government said Friday.
- Shanghai reports 727 confirmed, 6,606 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 727 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 6,606 local asymptomatic infection cases on Sunday, the municipal health commission said Monday.
- China's Changchun clears COVID-19 risk areas People's Daily 02 May 2022 -- Changchun, the capital of northeast China's Jilin Province, has cleared all medium and high-risk areas for COVID-19, the municipal epidemic prevention and control headquarters announced Sunday.
- No One Can Be Forced to Be Vaccinated, Says India's Top Court As COVID Cases Surge Sputnik 02 May 2022 -- A former member of the National Technical Advisory Group of Immunisation, Jacob Puliyel, approached India's supreme court and argued that the ruling by the state's government that a person must be vaccinated to gain access to benefits or services is a violation of human rights and, therefore, unconstitutional.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 189.23 Cr India PIB 02 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 189.23 Cr (1,89,23,98,347) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,33,82,216 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 472 India PIB 02 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 189 Crore landmark milestone (189,38,76,464) today. More than 14 lakh (14,37,921) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 02 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 02 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 18 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 02 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,114 with 13 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Iran mandates fourth COVID shot for vulnerable, health workers Press TV 02 May 2022 -- The Iranian health ministry has mandated the use of a fourth booster coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine for the elderly and vulnerable groups as well as for frontline health workers.
- Taiwan reports 17,858 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths CNA 02 May 2022 -- Taiwan on Monday reported 17,858 new COVID-19 cases and three deaths from the disease, the fifth consecutive day the single-day total exceeded 10,000 cases, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Zero-COVID policy in Chinese border city stops freight to North Korea Radio Free Asia 02 May 2022 -- North Korea and China are again suspending rail freight as Beijing's zero-Covid policy spreads to cities on the Sino-Korean border, sources in both countries told RFA.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|