30 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Ukraine conflict with Russia speeds up US cyber agenda Press TV 30 Apr 2022 -- The United States government agencies have expedited their investments in cybersecurity amid rising fears that Washington's support for the Kiev government in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia could have serious repercussions for Washington, including cyberattacks on government agencies and critical infrastructure belonging to the US.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. official COVID-19 counts not "reliable" due to unrecorded at-home tests: report People's Daily 30 Apr 2022 -- The official numbers of COVID-19 infections in the United States are not "exactly reliable" these days as the results of at-home rapid tests do not usually get recorded, The Atlantic has reported.
- Health experts urge more precautions as U.S. COVID-19 hot spots increase: NYT People's Daily 30 Apr 2022 -- As COVID-19 infections are rising again in the United States, health experts and officials urge people to increase their precautions, The New York Times has reported.
- Chinese cities move to normalize nucleic acid testing, to achieve a balance between coronavirus control, economic growth Global Times 30 Apr 2022 -- In order to execute the "Dynamic zero-COVID" policy and effectively curb the risk of the Omicron variant, multiple Chinese metropolises including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen have issued new guidelines to normalize nucleic acid testing, while require proof of a negative test result for tourists and local residents in public venues and transport systems.
- Beijing reports 67 new cases, building makeshift hospitals with 4,000 beds, and suspending dine-in service in all restaurants during May Day holidays Global Times 30 Apr 2022 -- The latest wave of infections caused by the Omicron variant of COVID-19 remains severe in Beijing with the municipal government announcing 67 new cases on Saturday and the suspension of dine-in services at all restaurants during the May Day holidays between May 1-4.
- Zero new infection outside quarantine for the first time in Shanghai but 'guard cannot be let down for now' Global Times 30 Apr 2022 -- Omicron variant-hit Shanghai reported zero new infections outside quarantine for the first time as the May Day holiday is approaching, indicating an initial achievement of zero community transmission in the combat against the epidemic, experts noted, stressing the guard cannot be let down for now and continuous tight control to be implemented at community level.
- 3,127 COVID patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 30 Apr 2022 -- A total of 3,127 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Friday, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Beijing requires 48-hr negative COVID-19 test result to enter public venues People's Daily 30 Apr 2022 -- Residents in Beijing will be required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours to enter public spaces from Saturday, the municipal government said Friday.
- Mainland medical supplies against COVID-19 arrive in Hong Kong orderly People's Daily 30 Apr 2022 -- Anti-pandemic medical supplies from the Chinese mainland have arrived in Hong Kong in good order and have been distributed to people in need through various channels.
- Dynamic zero-COVID approach best option for China in fighting Omicron People's Daily 30 Apr 2022 -- The dynamic zero-COVID approach remains the best option for China in striking a balance between epidemic response and economic development, Chinese health officials said Friday, noting that the more contagious Omicron variants leave no room for relaxation of the policy.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,410 new local COVID cases, 1,249 in Shanghai People's Daily 30 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 1,410 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 1,249 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Saturday.
- Foreign Businesses Consider Leaving China Amid Lockdowns VOA 30 Apr 2022 -- Chris Mei has been stuck in his Shanghai flat for a month save for PCR testing and occasional volunteer work delivering food to neighbors. That will change in a couple of days when he boards his flight for a long-scheduled trip home to Portland, Oregon.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 188.89 Cr India PIB 30 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 188.89 Cr (1,88,89,90,935) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,32,98,421 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 470 India PIB 30 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 189 Crore landmark milestone (189,14,62,594) today. More than 23 lakh (23,27,495) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 30 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 30 Apr 2022
- India to take a decade to overcome COVID-19 pandemic losses: central bank People's Daily 30 Apr 2022 -- India will take over a decade, or around 15 years, to overcome the losses incurred during the COVID-19 pandemic despite its economic growth rebounding from a low-base, the country's central bank said in a report on Friday.
- COVID-19 kills 11 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 30 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,083 with 11 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan ends April with record 15,149 new COVID-19 cases CNA 30 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan reported 15,149 new COVID-19 cases as well as three deaths from the disease on Saturday, the third consecutive day the single-day total exceeded 10,000 cases, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|