27 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Ebola vaccination campaign begins in DR Congo to counter new outbreak UN News 27 Apr 2022 -- An Ebola vaccination campaign has begun in northwest Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), to halt the spread of a deadly new outbreak in the country, where the disease is endemic.
- Microsoft Report Details Relentless Russian Cyberattacks On Ukraine RFE/RL 27 Apr 2022 -- Microsoft says its researchers have determined that Russian hackers have conducted destructive cyberattacks on Ukraine, including some that date back to a year before it launched its invasion on February 24.
- CISA, FBI, NSA, and International Partners Warn Organizations of Top Routinely Exploited Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities CISA 27 Apr 2022 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), National Security Agency (NSA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC), Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (CCCS), New Zealand National Cyber Security Centre (NZ NCSC), and the United Kingdom's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC-UK) issued a joint Cybersecurity Advisory today on the common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs) frequently exploited by malicious cyber actors, including the 15 most commonly exploited of 2021.
- 31 Gang Members and Associates of Mexican Mafia Charged in Racketeering Indictment US Dept. of Justice 27 Apr 2022 -- A 33-count federal grand jury indictment unsealed today charges 31 members and associates of the Orange County Mexican Mafia with racketeering offenses, two murders and six attempted murders, and related drug and gun charges.
- Former Alabama Resident Sentenced to Over Seven Years in Prison for Concealing Terrorism Financing US Dept. of Justice 27 Apr 2022 -- A former Alabama resident was sentenced today to 90 months, the equivalent of seven and a half years, in prison followed by 10 years of supervised release for concealing the transmission of funds to be provided as material support to al-Qaida, a designated foreign terrorist organization.
- U.S. Army Reserve an Effective Partner in Disaster Response Army News 27 Apr 2022 -- Maj. Gen. Gregory J. Mosser, the deputy commanding general, U.S. Army Reserve Command, highlighted the capabilities the U.S. Army Reserve provides to local, state, and federal entities when disasters strike the nation in an April 14th panel discussion at the National Hurricane Conference.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 27 April 2022
- COVID-19 pandemic not over yet: WHO People's Daily 27 Apr 2022 -- Even though the number of globally reported COVID-19 cases and deaths continues to decline, largely due to a drop in testing rates, the pandemic is not over, the World Health Organization (WHO) warned here on Tuesday.
- Rising cases leave U.S. unsure of preventing next COVID-19 wave: report People's Daily 27 Apr 2022 -- COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations are rising once again across the United States, driven by more contagious sub-variants of the virus and leaving health experts unsure whether vaccination and immunity from prior infection will be protective enough to prevent yet another deadly wave of infections, The Mercury News has reported.
- In Shanghai, Leaving Home for Testing Means COVID Exposure VOA 27 Apr 2022 -- "Going down to get tested is really the only time when you encounter other people," said Jackson Nemeth, who lives in one of Shanghai's locked down neighborhoods.
- Shanghai to ease restrictions in areas under zero-COVID status; a 'major step toward lifting lockdown' Global Times 27 Apr 2022 -- After the lockdown dragged into its fifth week, Shanghai has recorded a drop in the numbers of cases for consecutive days. The city on Wednesday decided to take what epidemiologists said was "a major step toward lifting the lockdown" to ease restrictions in areas where COVID-19 infections were stamped outside the quarantined areas.
- School-related cases account for one third of total in Beijing's new COVID flare-up Global Times 27 Apr 2022 -- School-related COVID-19 cluster cases accounted for one-third of the total tally in Beijing's latest flare-up since April 22, the Beijing health authority said on Wednesday, highlighting the importance of epidemic prevention on campus.
- Shanghai relaxes restrictions over communities that detect no new COVID-19 cases Global Times 27 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai authorities said on Wednesday that the city is going to relax restrictions over those communities that record no new COVID-19 cases as the epidemic prevention and control measures have shown their effect since a decisive battle against Omicron was launched to curb the virus' spread among communities about a week ago. However, the situation is still severe.
- Hong Kong to resume normalcy as epidemic recedes: Carrie Lam People's Daily 27 Apr 2022 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said on Tuesday that the COVID-19 epidemic in Hong Kong has been on a downward trend, allowing it to return to normalcy.
- China's Guangzhou cuts community transmission of COVID-19 People's Daily 27 Apr 2022 -- The southern Chinese megacity of Guangzhou Tuesday announced that it has cut off COVID-19 transmission chains in communities, as no new community infections have been reported for 11 consecutive days.
- Residents in last-minute scramble to get out of Beijing amid lockdown fears Radio Free Asia 27 Apr 2022 -- Residents fled Beijing on Wednesday amid rising COVID-19 cases and growing fears of an imminent citywide lockdown, according to social media reports and local residents.
- Chinese vaccine against Omicron variants to undergo clinical trials People's Daily 27 Apr 2022 -- A Chinese inactivated vaccine against Omicron variants was approved for clinical trials by the National Medical Products Administration on Tuesday.
- Over 37,000 child COVID-19 cases reported in U.S. past week People's Daily 27 Apr 2022 -- Over 37,000 child COVID-19 cases were reported in the United States the past week, an increase of about 43 percent from two weeks ago, according to the latest report by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Children's Hospital Association.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,818 new local COVID-19 cases, 1,606 in Shanghai People's Daily 27 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 1,818 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 1,606 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Wednesday.
- 3,728 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 27 Apr 2022 -- A total of 3,728 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Tuesday, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Shanghai new COVID-19 cases: 1,606 confirmed, 11,956 asymptomatic People's Daily 27 Apr 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 1,606 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 11,956 local asymptomatic carriers on Tuesday, the municipal health commission said Wednesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 188.19 Cr India PIB 27 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 188.19 Cr (1,88,19,40,971) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,31,48,146 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 467 India PIB 27 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 188.38 Crore (1,88,38,30,835) today. More than 17 lakh (17,28,894) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 27 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 27 Apr 2022
- PM interacts with Chief Ministers to review the COVID-19 situation India PIB 27 Apr 2022 -- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, interacted with the Chief Ministers to review the COVID-19 situation here today.
- COVID-19 kills 17 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 27 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,041 with 17 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 8,923 COVID-19 cases, two deaths CNA 27 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan reported 8,923 new COVID-19 cases, as well as 16 moderate and severe infections, and two deaths from the disease on Wednesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan to maintain current mask mandate through May CNA 27 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan will maintain its existing mask mandate through the month of May as COVID-19 cases are expected to continue rising, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Wednesday.
- Taiwan's COVID wave to peak at 40-100K cases per day: health minister CNA 27 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan is likely to record over 10,000 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday and is on track to hit a peak of between 40,000 and 100,000 new cases per day, according to Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|