24 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Ex-Guantanamo prisoner sues Canadian authorities over role in his detention Press TV 24 Apr 2022 -- A former prisoner at the United States' infamous prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba has filed a lawsuit against the Canadian government for its alleged role in his detention.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Beijing district to test 3.5m residents amid new surge; officials pledge sufficient supplies Global Times 24 Apr 2022 -- Beijing's Chaoyang district, home to some 3.5 million residents, will roll out three rounds of mass nucleic acid testing starting from Monday after the district registered the most COVID-19 cases in the capital's latest epidemic surge.
- Shanghai flare-up develops at 'high level,' sees increasing cluster infections at construction sites Global Times 24 Apr 2022 -- After more than one month's fight against the Omicron variant, a Shanghai health official said on Sunday that the local epidemic is still developing at a high level, with more than 20,000 new infections and 39 new deaths being recorded the previous day.
- Shanghai flare-up claimed 87 lives, sees increasing cluster infections at construction sites, companies Global Times 24 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai registered the largest ever daily tally of COVID-19 deaths of 39 on Saturday, bringing the total to 87 lives that the latest flare-up in the city has claimed as of Saturday.
- Beijing reassures residents of sufficient daily supplies amid surging COVID-19 cases Global Times 24 Apr 2022 -- Beijing has a sufficient supply of daily necessities and the trade order remains normal amid latest COVID-19 cases in the city, an official said at a regular press briefing on Sunday.
- Shanghai strengthens treating capacity for severe COVID-19 cases People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai has further enhanced its treating capacity for severe COVID-19 patients to reduce the fatality rate of this round of the outbreak, said the municipal health commission on Sunday.
- Strict control measures necessary to contain COVID-19 spread: China's epidemiologist People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- Adopting strict control measures to effectively cut off COVID-19 transmission routes is of great importance, according to China's leading epidemiologist.
- Death toll reaches 87 in Shanghai's current COVID-19 outbreak People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- A total of 87 COVID-19-related deaths have been reported in Shanghai, of which the average age was around 81, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- Shanghai new COVID-19 cases: 1,401 confirmed, 19,657 asymptomatic People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 1,401 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 19,657 local asymptomatic carriers on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,566 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 1,566 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 1,401 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Sunday.
- China COVID death toll rises as Beijing warns of 'grim' COVID situation Press TV 24 Apr 2022 -- China's capital city of Beijing has warned of a "grim" situation as COVID-19 infections rise while main business hub Shanghai reports more deaths related to the pandemic amid a weeks-long lockdown.
- Beijing takes swift, strict measures amid latest COVID flare-up Global Times 24 Apr 2022 -- With 15 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Beijing on Saturday, the capital city has taken swift and strict measures, including organizing nucleic acid tests in key groups, and taking partial closed-off management and suspending classes in the areas and a school that spotted the cases.
- Beijing reports 15 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- Beijing Municipality reported 15 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 p.m. Saturday, local authorities said Saturday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 187.67 Cr India PIB 24 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 187.67 Cr (1,87,67,20,318) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,30,29,745sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 24 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 24 Apr 2022
- COVID-19 kills 13 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 24 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 140,975 with 13 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 5,172 new COVID-19 cases, zero deaths CNA 24 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 5,172 new COVID-19 cases, as well as 10 new moderate infections and one severe infection, and zero deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Africa's COVID-19 cases pass 11.4 mln: Africa CDC People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Africa reached 11,403,955 as of Saturday evening, the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|