17 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Worldwide Coronavirus Cases Cross 502.2 Million, Death Toll at 6,592,734 SPA 17 Apr 2022 -- More than 502.2 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 6,592,734 have died, according to a Reuters tally.
- Hong Kong Residents Report Increased Pressures from COVID Policies VOA 17 Apr 2022 -- Unpredictable local COVID-19 policies combined with China's zero-pandemic approach to the coronavirus are taking a toll in Hong Kong, where residents and others say they are feeling increased pressures during the pandemic's worst wave.
- Several Chinese cities put under 'static management' against COVID-19 to 'minimize social, economic impact' Global Times 17 Apr 2022 -- At least nine Chinese cities, counties have been put under static management against COVID-19 this month. But unlike city lockdowns that cause massive standstills of work and life, the measures are specified and targeted at different local situations, trying to minimize the impact on people's daily activities.
- Proportion of positive cases in at-risk groups declining in Shanghai Global Times 17 Apr 2022 -- The proportion of people with COVID-19 found in at-risk groups is declining in the Omicron variant hard-hit city of Shanghai, where there are 16 patients in severe condition at present, Shanghai health authorities announced on Sunday.
- 1,600 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 17 Apr 2022 -- A total of 1,600 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Saturday, the National Health Commission said in its Sunday report.
- Chinese mainland reports 3,504 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 17 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Saturday reported 3,504 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 3,238 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Sunday.
- Shanghai: 3,238 local confirmed, 21,582 asymptomatic COVID-19 cases People's Daily 17 Apr 2022 -- China's economic hub Shanghai reported 3,238 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 21,582 local asymptomatic carriers on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 186.51 Cr India PIB 17 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 186.51 Cr (1,86,51,53,593) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,27,22,442sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 17 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 17 Apr 2022
- India's COVID-19 tally rises to 43,042,097, active cases continue to rise People's Daily 17 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 186.51 Cr (1,86,51,53,593) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,27,22,442sessions.
- 'Four Million Indians Died of COVID Due to Government Negligence', Says Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi Sputnik 17 Apr 2022 -- India's main opposition party Congress has regularly slammed the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government for allegedly concealing the number of deaths due to the pandemic, and even demanded that compensation be provided to the families of those who died of COVID.
- Coronavirus death toll reaches 29 in Iran IRNA 17 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 140,829 with 29 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports record 1,210 new domestic COVID-19 cases CNA 17 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan confirmed 1,210 new domestic COVID-19 infections on Sunday, exceeding 1,000 cases for the third day and breaking its daily record, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Australia's new health minister to be appointed, COVID-19 case numbers continue to rise People's Daily 17 Apr 2022 -- Australia's Prime Minister Scott Morrison has revealed Senator Anne Ruston will take over as the minister for health if the government is re-elected.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|