29 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Federal Judge Finds Trump 'Likely' Committed Crimes in Office VOA 29 Mar 2022 -- In a ruling related to a congressional investigation of the Jan. 6, 2001, assault on the U.S. Capitol, a federal judge this week concluded that it is "more likely than not" that former President Donald Trump committed two separate federal crimes as part of an effort to overturn Joe Biden's victory in the 2020 presidential contest.
- Trump Denies Use of 'Burner Phone' on 6 Jan. as Seven-Hour Gap in Phone Logs Raises Questions Sputnik 29 Mar 2022 -- Eleven pages of White House telephone logs that the National Archives turned over to the US House Select Committee investigating the 6 January riot at the US Capitol have a seven-hour gap with no record of the calls former President Donald Trump made and who received them, the Washington Post reported on Tuesday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 29 March 2022
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - March 29, 2022 US Air Force 29 Mar 2022
- FDA Authorizes Second Vaccine Booster for Those 50 and Older VOA 29 Mar 2022 -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized a fourth dose of the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for people 50 and over.
- China toughens up to battle COVID as local cases surpass 70k in mainland since March Global Times 29 Mar 2022 -- Since March 1, China has recorded more than 70,000 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, mostly caused by the highly contagious Omicron and its sub-variant, with 28 provincial-level regions affected. Epidemiologists said that such a rapid increase in cases in this short timeframe indicates the difficulty of quashing this wave quickly and returning the country to a state of zero-COVID as has been the case with previous waves.
- Yangtze River Delta copes with pressure from epidemic in Shanghai Global Times 29 Mar 2022 -- Shanghai's implementation of staggered closed-off management amid the COVID-19 resurgence is generating some knock-on effects on a broader extent, not only adding pressure to surrounding areas in the Yangtze River Delta by disturbing economic links like logistics and personnel exchanges, but also raising concerns for global energy demand.
- Shanghai screens over 8 mln people in new round of COVID-19 tests People's Daily 29 Mar 2022 -- Shanghai tested more than 8.26 million residents in a new round of nucleic acid testing on Monday, a municipal health official told a press conference on Tuesday.
- Moscow threatens US with 'severe consequences' over 'cyber aggression' Press TV 29 Mar 2022 -- Russia says the United States has unleashed a massive cyber operation against it, threatening Washington with "severe consequences."
- Shanghai lockdown leaves hundreds stranded, wipes 'billions' from economy Radio Free Asia 29 Mar 2022 -- A Swissair flight from Zurich to Shanghai was canceled 20 minutes before departure on Tuesday, leaving more than 200 Chinese passengers stranded, as Shanghai's COVID-19 lockdown begins to bite.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,228 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 1,228 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission's Tuesday report showed.
- Number of positive COVID-19 cases found in Hong Kong's mandatory tests on decline: Carrie Lam People's Daily 29 Mar 2022 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said on Monday that the positive COVID-19 cases found from mandatory tests in Hong Kong has shown a downward trend.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 183.53 Cr India PIB 29 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 183.53 Cr (1,83,53,90,499) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,18,49,698 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 438 India PIB 29 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 183.79 Crore (1,83,79,06,022) today. More than 23 lakh (23,24,317) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. More than 1.49 Crore (1,49,09,161) vaccine doses have been administered to 12-14 years age group so far. More than 2.28 Crore (2,28,63,007) Precaution Doses for the identified categories of beneficiaries (HCWs, FLWs and Over 60 years) for COVID vaccination have been administered so far. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 29 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 29 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 kills 46 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 29 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 140,109 with 46 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 96 new COVID-19 cases, including 33 domestic CNA 29 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 96 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday -- 33 domestically transmitted and 63 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Keelung cluster involving karaoke bar, police officers, grows to 48 cases CNA 29 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 33 new domestically-transmitted COVID-19 infections on Tuesday, with a cluster in Keelung involving police officers and a karaoke bar increasing to 48 cases, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Botswana Approves Texas-Made COVID Vaccine, Manufacturing Plant VOA 29 Mar 2022 -- Botswana has become the first country in Africa to approve the use of the Texas-made COVID-19 vaccine Corbevax. Botswana's president and California biotech company NantWorks made the announcement Monday as they began construction of a plant to produce COVID-vaccines and drugs to fight cancer.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|