27 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- More than 14m residents complete 'rapid, convenient' antigen self-testing, more to come Global Times 27 Mar 2022 -- Shanghai residents continue to take antigen self-tests on Sunday since the city started on Saturday to try out the practice of combining nucleic acid testing and antigen self-testing to improve testing efficiency and detect latent infections in time. More than 14 million residents in the city have completed the "rapid and convenient" test as of Saturday and some showed positive results.
- HK needs comprehensive review on public health crisis response: Lam Global Times 27 Mar 2022 -- Carrie Lam, chief executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), sent condolences to the family members of those who passed away due to COVID-19, stressing the necessity of carrying out a comprehensive review on response to such large-scale public crisis and that she remained open to a review committee, according to a press conference on Sunday.
- Over 14 million Shanghai residents take COVID-19 antigen testing People's Daily 27 Mar 2022 -- More than 14 million residents in China's economic hub Shanghai have taken antigen testing to screen COVID-19 infections, according to a press conference of the Shanghai Municipal Health Commission held Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,217 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 1,217 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission's Sunday report showed.
- Shanghai using antigen testing to screen COVID-19 infections People's Daily 27 Mar 2022 -- Shanghai on Saturday launched a new round of city-wide screening using both nucleic acid and antigen testing amid its latest efforts to contain the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Hong Kong's COVID-19 control focuses on elderly care homes People's Daily 27 Mar 2022 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said on Saturday that elderly care homes and their residents will be a focus in Hong Kong's COVID-19 control efforts in the ongoing epidemic and future waves.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 183.20 Cr India PIB 27 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 183.20 Cr (1,83,20,10,030) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,17,73,803 sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 27 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 27 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 kills 50 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 27 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 140,021 with 50 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 203 new COVID-19 cases, including 83 domestic CNA 27 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 203 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday -- 83 domestic and 120 imported -- with no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan mandates 3 COVID shots for workers, patrons at clubs and bars CNA 27 Mar 2022 -- Customers and employees at licensed adult entertainment venues in Taiwan are now required to show proof of three COVID-19 vaccine shots, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Sunday.
- Domestic COVID-19 cases spike in Taiwan as clusters grow CNA 27 Mar 2022 -- The number of new domestic COVID-19 cases in Taiwan jumped to 83 Sunday, with at least six clusters reported throughout the country, according to Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|