20 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Shenzhen achieves dynamic zero-COVID in the community Global Times 20 Mar 2022 -- Authorities in Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong Province, announced on Sunday that the target of dynamic zero-COVID in the community was achieved after three rounds of citywide nucleic acid testing since March 14.
- China sends oral medicine to fight in the frontline against COVID-19 Global Times 20 Mar 2022 -- Chinese pharmaceutical giant, China Meheco Group Co, shipped the first batch of coronavirus oral medicine made by Pfizer to the frontline of fight against COVID-19 in China, China Meheco announced on its official WeChat account.
- Langfang near Beijing reports 534 asymptomatic COVID-19 cases as epidemic control pressure in Chinese capital rises Global Times 20 Mar 2022 -- North China's Hebei Province on Sunday reported 534 asymptomatic COVID-19 cases,all in Langfang, a city near Beijing, as pressure on the coordinated prevention and control measures in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region increases amid the virus surge.
- Underlying diseases lead to two patients' deaths in NE China, refuting accusations that nation has failed to fight COVID-19 Global Times 20 Mar 2022 -- The immediate cause of death of the two people who tested positive for COVID-19 in Jilin, Northeast China's Jilin Province is not from infection of coronavirus, health authorities confirmed on Saturday. It refutes Western media's accusations that China has failed to fight the epidemic.
- China takes strict anti-COVID-19 measures for international mail Global Times 20 Mar 2022 -- China's delivery companies have been ordered to disinfect international mail upon arrival and hold items for about seven days before delivery, as measures are tightened to prevent the spread of COVID-19 from overseas, according to authorities and industry practitioners.
- HKSAR gov't to distribute anti-epidemic supply kits to all Hong Kong residents People's Daily 20 Mar 2022 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said on Saturday that anti-epidemic supply kits will be distributed to all Hong Kong residents by the end of March.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,656 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 20 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 1,656 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, down from 2,157 on Friday, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Around 1.24 billion people in China fully vaccinated against COVID-19 People's Daily 20 Mar 2022 -- Nearly 1.24 billion people across the Chinese mainland had been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of Friday, a Chinese health official said Saturday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 181.21 Cr India PIB 20 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 181.21 Cr (1,81,21,11,675) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,13,75,059 sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 20 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 20 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 kills 60 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 20 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 139,610 with 60 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 121 new COVID-19 cases, including 3 domestic CNA 20 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 121 new COVID-19 cases -- three domestically transmitted and 118 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease on Sunday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- COVID-19 in Taiwan weekly review: March 14-March 20 CNA 20 Mar 2022 -- Domestic COVID-19 case numbers in Taiwan remained low over the past week and the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced changes in testing rules for individuals arriving in the country.
- Taiwan reports 126 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 20 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 126 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, including six locally transmitted infections and 120 imported ones, marking the highest daily number of cases originating overseas since the pandemic began, the island's disease monitoring agency said.
- Emergency Epidemic Prevention Campaign Intensified in DPRK KCNA 20 Mar 2022 -- The emergency epidemic prevention campaign to block any inroad and spread of the malignant virus has been further intensified in the DPRK, in close combination with the work for maintaining sanitary environment in spring.
- Botswana Drops Vaccine Mandate for Travelers VOA 20 Mar 2022 -- Botswana will allow unvaccinated travelers into the country, provided they produce a negative COVID-19 test result. That's a reversal from last month, when the nation started denying entry to travelers who were partially vaccinated or unvaccinated and not willing to get a free shot.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|