08 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Leader of Proud Boys Indicted in Federal Court for Conspiracy and Other Offenses Related to U.S. Capitol Breach US Dept. of Justice 08 Mar 2022 -- Henry "Enrique" Tarrio, the former national chairman of the Proud Boys, was arrested today following his indictment on conspiracy and other charges related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, which disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election.
- Statement by Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technology Anne Neuberger on President Biden's Cyber Executive Order The White House 08 Mar 2022
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly operational update on COVID-19 - 8 March 2022
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 8 March 2022
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - March 8, 2022 US Air Force 08 Mar 2022
- Beijing reports 7 new local cases, upholds 'dynamic zero-COVID' policy to curb the virus' spread Global Times 08 Mar 2022 -- Beijing reported seven local COVID-19 cases from Monday to 4 pm Tuesday, and will uphold its dynamic zero-case policy to curb the virus' spread with the fastest, most precise prevention and control measures, as imported cases from abroad and outside Beijing remain the biggest risk of the epidemic in the capital, the local authorities said on Tuesday.
- HKSAR should uphold 'dynamic zero' policy to reduce severe cases and deaths as priority: top Chinese health expert Global Times 08 Mar 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) should uphold its "dynamic zero infection" policy with a phased approach and take measures as a priority to reduce COVID-19 infections, severe cases, and deaths with centralized medical resources, said Liang Wannian, head of the COVID-19 response expert panel under the National Health Commission.
- Another 4.8 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 08 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland saw another 4.8 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered on Monday, according to the National Health Commission's Tuesday report. It added that the total number of doses administered has reached over 3.165 billion.
- Hong Kong COVID-19 Death Rate Is Worst in World VOA 08 Mar 2022 -- Hong Kong holds the world's worst death rate for COVID-19, though the worst wave of the coronavirus has peaked, according to health experts.
- Chinese mainland reports 175 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 175 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- COVID-19 control top priority for Hong Kong: vice premier People's Daily 08 Mar 2022 -- The top priority for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) at the moment is to make all-out efforts to prevent and control the COVID-19 epidemic, Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng said Monday.
- HKSAR gov't launches platform for submitting COVID-19 rapid test results People's Daily 08 Mar 2022 -- The Department of Health of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Monday launched an online platform for the submission of positive COVID-19 rapid test results.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 179.13 Cr India PIB 08 Mar 2022 -- With the administration of more than 21
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 417 India PIB 08 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 179
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 08 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 08 Mar 2022
- Update on COVID19 India PIB 08 Mar 2022 -- India achieved a major milestone today as the daily new COVID19 cases has declined to 3,993 in the last 24 hours
- COVID-19 kills 144 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 08 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 138,260 with 144 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Eight new domestic COVID-19 cases linked to existing clusters CNA 08 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan recorded eight new domestic COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, all related to previously reported cluster infections, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said.
- Taiwan reports 53 new COVID-19 cases, including 8 domestic CNA 08 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 53 new COVID-19 cases -- eight domestically transmitted and 45 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease on Tuesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan unlikely to cancel quarantine entirely this year: Minister CNA 08 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan's Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Tuesday that it is unlikely that the quarantine period required for arrivals would be canceled entirely before the end of 2022, unless there were new types of medicine targeting COVID-19.
- After Almost Two Years, Tajikistan Lifts Most Coronavirus Restrictions RFE/RL 08 Mar 2022 -- Tajik authorities have lifted almost all coronavirus restrictions, including mandatory mask wearing in public places and a temporary ban of traditional ceremonies and celebrations, including weddings.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|