07 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Terrorist Designation of Katibat al Tawhid wal Jihad US Dept. of State 07 Mar 2022 -- The United States is committed to addressing terrorist activity in ungoverned spaces in Syria through the judicious use of our counterterrorism tools and constructive engagement with our partners.
- Russia's Vaunted Influence Operations Bogged Down with Ukraine VOA 07 Mar 2022 -- Russia's efforts to sway the opinions of people across the world about the righteousness of its invasion of Ukraine appears to be mirroring the effort of some of its forces on the ground - despite bringing lots of firepower, the Kremlin's influence operations seem to be stalling, unable to penetrate key audiences.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO, other UN agencies, Monitoring Animal Transmission of COVID-19 VOA 07 Mar 2022 -- The World Health Organization, along with two other United Nations agencies, said Monday they are monitoring the transmission of COVID-19 among animal populations for fear it could facilitate the emergence of new variants.
- China enters new stage of COVID battle amid 2-year high daily tally Global Times 07 Mar 2022 -- China has witnessed the highest daily tally of COVID-19 cases in two years, with numbers soaring to 526 on Sunday, scattered across 14 provinces and municipalities, including several port cities such as Qingdao and densely populated metropolises like Shanghai, as the causes of many sporadic outbreaks remain unknown.
- Central govt 'concerned about epidemic in HK' Global Times 07 Mar 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Han Zheng on Monday expressed the central government's concerns about the raging COVID-19 epidemic in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), as he met with HKSAR deputies to the country's top legislature in Beijing.
- Domestically transmitted COVID-19 infections surpass 500 Sunday in Chinese mainland, affecting 13 provinces Global Times 07 Mar 2022 -- The domestically transmitted COVID-19 infections tally in Chinese mainland on Sunday soared to more than 500 with 214 confirmed cases and 312 asymptomatic cases respectively, the highest since 2022.
- 3.8 mln more COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 07 Mar 2022 -- The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on the Chinese mainland grew by nearly 3.8 million on Sunday, with the total number reaching over 3.16 billion, data from the National Health Commission showed Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 214 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 214 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 178.90 Cr India PIB 07 Mar 2022 -- With the administration of more than 4
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 416 India PIB 07 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 179 Crore landmark milestone (1,79,09,28,099) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 07 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 07 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 kills 168 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 07 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 138,116 with 168 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- South Korea's Daily COVID-19 Cases Exceed 200,000 for 4th Day SPA 07 Mar 2022 -- South Korea's daily coronavirus cases stayed above 200,000 for the fourth consecutive day and critical cases rose to near 1,000 Monday, as the highly contagious omicron variant continued to fuel a surge in infections, Yonhap reported.
- CECC finds link between Kaohsiung COVID-19 cluster, previous cases CNA 07 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan's Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) reported two new domestic COVID-19 cases on Monday, both related to a cluster involving a family in Kaohsiung and a tour group.
- Taiwan reports 29 new COVID-19 cases, including 2 domestic CNA 07 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 29 new COVID-19 cases -- two domestically transmitted and 27 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease on Monday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 29 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 29 new COVID-19 cases, including two locally transmitted infections and 27 imported ones, the island's disease monitoring agency said Monday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|