06 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Work starts on central govt-aided hospital in HK, response to COVID-19 outbreak Global Times 06 Mar 2022 -- On Sunday morning, the construction of a central government-aided hospital officially kicked off in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), which aims to contain the surging COVID-19 outbreak in the city.
- Confirmed cases across China exceed 100, strict dynamic zero-COVID approach 'still necessary' Global Times 06 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese National Health Commission announced on Sunday that as of the end of Saturday, 175 local cases had been reported during the latest sporadic outbreak, including 88 in Qingdao, East China's Shandong Province. Experts noted that although the epidemic has broken out in multiple locations and the situation is quite severe, China still has the ability to control it following the strict dynamic zero-COVID policy.
- Chinese experts differ on whether 'winter of 2021 will be the last winter associated with COVID-19' Global Times 06 Mar 2022 -- Gao Fu, director of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said on Sunday that it is still too early to say that the winter of 2021 will be the last winter associated with the novel coronavirus.
- HK rushes to build more makeshift hospitals, quarantine facilities to thwart latest Omicron outbreak Global Times 06 Mar 2022 -- The construction of a makeshift hospital to treat COVID-19 patients started on Sunday in Hong Kong with the support of the central government after a temporary bridge linking Lok Ma Chau Loop and Shenzhen city was completed.
- Nearly 4.5 million more COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 06 Mar 2022 -- The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on the Chinese mainland grew by around 4.48 million from the previous day on Saturday, with the total number reaching nearly 3.157 billion, data from the National Health Commission showed Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 214 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 214 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 175 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 175 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- India reports 5,476 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 42,962,953 People's Daily 06 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 42,962,953 on Sunday as 5,476 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours across the country, showed the federal health ministry's latest data.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 178.83 Cr India PIB 06 Mar 2022 -- With the administration of more than 26
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 06 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 06 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 kills 201 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 06 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 137,948 with 201 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Saudi Arabia Registers 317 New COVID-19 Cases, 668 Recoveries, Two Deaths SPA 06 Mar 2022 -- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced today the registration of 317 new COVID-19 cases and 668 recoveries in the past 24 hours.
- Three new domestic COVID-19 cases linked to Kaohsiung restaurant CNA 06 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan on Sunday recorded three new domestic COVID-19 cases, all of which were connected to an employee at a Kaohsiung buffet restaurant, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said.
- Taiwan reports 43 new COVID-19 cases, including 3 domestic CNA 06 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 43 new COVID-19 cases -- three domestically transmitted and 40 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- UAE Announces 407 New COVID-19 Cases, No Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 06 Mar 2022 -- The UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP), in a statement, announced 407 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of recorded cases to 882,884, Emirates News Agency (WAM) reported.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|